Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, I have had another quiet day today and the weather hasn't been that great occasional light showers and a blustery wind, so I decided to go to the bank to put a cheque in that we have had in the house since February OH came with me just to get out the house though she stayed in the car while I went to the bank, when back home I went through all the correspondence I had in regards to my holiday, so now have that sorted out I will send it off in a day or two as I want to send it from a post office in a nearby town as they are able to maintain distanceing easier than our local post office now I an sitting wondering how I can finish off my patio not sure whither to plant it out with begonias or petunias, I am open to suggestions and if it's what I want I will take them just wondered through to the kitchen and I happened to come across some ice cream lollies and as OH wanted one I had to take one as well well enjoy you day tomorrow and keep safe
    ​​​​​
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I'd go with petunias rary...so long as you keep deadheading them they seem to last longer outside than begonias.
      My granny grew begonias had had to find places to overwinter them... always a struggle for her.
      Depends on what you want to do ocpverwinter maybe????
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

It's a good question. I've been pondering on a BBQ for years. Couldn't have a wood or charcoal one in summer, though, due to forestry regs. So it would have to be gas, and that rather defeats the point. I have to say, though, the pressure cooker isn't bad. Brown the chicken all over, sweat a mirepoix of veg if you can be bothered, bung in a cup of stock, juice, water, whatever, put the chicken in on top (or on trivet if no mirepoix) and bring up to pressure, cook for however long you need depending on weight and then leave pressure to drop naturally. Probably all done in 40 mins from start to finish, half hour if it's a small chicken, and no worry that it might not be cooked. Always really succulent and juicy, though the skin isn't crispy, but that's no loss to me as I never eat the skin on chicken anyway for some reason - I just don't like it, though I know most people would think me mad for saying that.

Anyway, plus, plus, getting all excited here: the garage is going to include a place for a woodburning range, electric oven and a sink. Brilliant. I think Mr Snoop agreed this because a) he can't imagine life without bread; and b) this garage is costing an arm and a leg so there had better be something in it for me!
        We spatchcock chicken on bbq .
        Northern England.

Comment

• ^Thanks, CG. That's a quick way to do it, and tasty too.

Rary, another vote for petunias. They seem to survive whatever the weather can throw at them. Always surprises me, as the flowers look so delicate.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
            what a strange start to the day!
            Up several times to check out the comet...then Hibou coming in and out of the bedroom window, then a barn owl sceeching for ages right outside our window ( you can imagine a medieval horror film soundtrack with that!!!!!)
            And then rain pounding off the bedroom window
            Think I need a couple more hours sleep!
            Could be worse reasons eh?

I forgot to mention that my OH went to dig up our first spuds the other day and disturbed a hare hiding under the foliage nearby.
            Boy did it shift...zooooommmmm.....
            I did check online and it says they can sprint at 50mph for 20 yards!
            It ran into the long grass we leave in our garden field. I was thrilled at the number of butterflies -but having a hare in there....WOW

I was wondering about nipping to get some diy stuff today as it's raining and there may be less peeps about-but I spotted on the news it's a Bank Holiday today...ooops-guess who forgot Bastille Day? I wonder if there will be fireworks this evening again this year?

Right...time for a second brew-anyone care to join me?
            Last edited by Nicos; 14-07-2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Mornin Snoop-I wondered who was clattering around the kitchen!
              Last edited by Nicos; 14-07-2020, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Quite cool this morning. Builders turned up early (7.40 am), perhaps to make the most of it. Low of 13.7 ºC overnight. Perfect. Made bread last night but left all the doors and dog flap open and the kitchen is now very cool. Will probably do the same again tonight.

Busy work day ahead. Not much else on the cards, so with any luck will get through quite a lot. Only one cat for company in the basement this morning. I'm a bit chilly and really ought to go and find a cardigan, but I know as soon as I stand up she'll shift over to my chair as it's far more comfortable.

Catch you all later. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Your new kitchen/ garage sounds fantastic Snoop...it's one heck of a project what with water storage too!

Comment

• Comet, comet... I don't know anything about that. And yes, a second brew would be great, Nicos. Can you pour it for me while I go off and see about this comet.

And yes, it is quite a project, Nicos. Going to be great when it's finished.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-07-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• I like nemesia , million bells, mimilus . Bees like them
                      Northern England.

Comment

• You can't get a long lie in here for clattering and chattering
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning no sign of the comet here either Nicos but I've seen some good photos I know its not the same though.

Looks like being fine here all day
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning, a bit dull here at present OH questioning whither to do a washing or not, what worries me is if she hangs a washing out guess who has to run to take it in if it starts raining and if I happen to be working in the garden there's a potential for a ticking off, right that in the future I am now going out to sort out my plants for the patio, have a good day and keep safe

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here. Late on parade - WFH with IT frustration Have a good day All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, late also.
                                Dull today but not too much of a breeze
                                Off down the lotty next

Catch you later
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse