Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all. Work today, and sorting various afterwards indoors so no gardening done today

Oh, other than watering the houseplants - I seem to be bought an orchid at least once a year at the moment so have them dotted everywhere, lol
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Good Morning All My but this is hard work getting on here. I wonder how much longer it will take to get things running properly? Brighter weather today, but rain is forecast here. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, guys.

Bright here this morning and quite chilly again. And guess what? No builders. Maybe they'll come later... she says optimistically.

Other than that. All good. Though still deaf, of course. I'll let you know when that changes. Glad to have given you all a bit of a laugh or grimace, as the case may be.

Good news about your kidneys, CG. Only a small improvement, but an improvement nevertheless.

So, on with the day. Work calls. Better get on with it. I'll need the money for the builders (when they eventually turn up).

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Morning
          Was cool overnight , GH 4.5 and that was with grey cloud.
          We have another grey day and more rain tomorrow
          I've posted on my tomato whitefly problem . The leaves are mottled on another plant I bought , not had this trouble before.
          On wih the day , have a good one. Hope your builders appear .
          Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all,
            A bit of a dull start but its picking up nicely.
            No rain forecast here so off out to the park for my walk.
            Gave a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Did you used to have knitted swimming trunks rary when you were a naipper?
              You know full well that I did Nicos, remember I got your handme downs and with a wee bit of nip and tuck even though still a bit big I had to wear them
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                Late on board today so just about to have brunch.
                Eggs...anyone know what to do with 6 dozen eggs? Looks like I have. Mammouth baking and cooking day ahead soon

Shortie-I'm an orchid collector too. Not intentionally but I always buy a couple each time I go to IKEA. Such good value for money not just because they seem to be half the price of anywhere else I've seen them for sale but as they flower so long
                At the moment I have 16 plants -none in flower but alive and kicking ( well not kicking -just sat sitting there)
                They seem to be the one plant I have trouble killing off!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, I like an Orchid, they seem to thrive on neglect, so even I haven't killed this one we've had for over 3 years now. 9.1 was the overnight temperature in the greenhouse, so a lot warmer and stuff is growing before my eyes.
                  Last edited by burnie; 09-06-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                    You know full well that I did Nicos, remember I got your handme downs and with a wee bit of nip and tuck even though still a bit big I had to wear them
                    Gosh yes rary
                    I recall you particularly liked to wear that old pink tutu I grew out of

Comment

• Flo...no announcement yet on the upgrade but there is something major happening soon. No timelines given but fairly soon.

Have you noticed a few changes, bit by bit ( *polishes mod banner...) ...and other irritating things being resolved?
                      (Looks like we'll be getting better smileys soon too-I noticed a few of our more favourite ones have come back.)

Yeh, it's the speed which is our major concern but at least we can see things are being worked on.
                      Just got to hang on in there -it's still ongoing.I'm sure it will be brill when finally sorted
                      (I'll start hoarding champers shall I?)

Comment

• Thanks, Nicos. Maybe we should have a special celebration one-night only at the Gardeners' Rest.

Speed is an issue. Even clicking like seems to take forever to register. But at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

• Oh my knitted swimwear . Pleased I missed out on that phase
                          Eggs. Love eggs ..just had poached eggs on crumpets

Cakes and champers sounds a great idea for when things finally get sorted . We surely need a party for that.
                          thanks for keeping us updated.

Right . Going to go to vets for their usual tick meds and wormers.

Ah , this didnt post...been out and now back with tagetes
                          Cuppa hot choc then I will get changed and go "mucking" (as my OH calls it)
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Internal server error

Comment

• Internal server error Infernal more like

Comment

• Good afternoon all,not a bad day out there,hey hey,you got your banner ,had 2 surprise phone calls this afternoon,i from the MR special monthly club,to see how we were doing during lock down,how nice was that,also 1 from the memory clinic,no deed for a head scan,the previouse scans have been looked into,and the dignosice is the same that were intimated at,vascular dementure,and is being discharged into the GP care,NOW please no sadness,as i have already come to terms with the situation,and are under no illusions about what could come,each case is different,all we can do is,love,care and look after,and try hard with some patience for him,looking at things and trying to piece together,the process is slow so far,so i count myself lucky i still have him more times than not,i think i am developing a thicker skin what with this and the dear offsprings situation,carry smiling until the next frown comes along,see i am being good to myself ,forgot to say,i did get my den work room all cleaned out,
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X