• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burnie View Post

It's Mrs(or Mr) Tiggywinkle
    How lovely, she looks a big one!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, still in bed but I’m guessing it’s another lovely day out there! Yay!!
      Just about to haul myself up and get some exercises done then some breakfast!
      Hope you all have a wonderful day. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

How lovely, she looks a big one!
        My thought as well. In fact, looks so big I thought you'd got some exotic fauna there, a coypu!

Comment

• We have coypu in our fields Snoop.
          I've seen them running across roads and splattered on the road but not yet seen one in our garden, although we are near a large stream where they apparently live/ breed!
          When I first arrived here I spotted a dead one in the road and stopped to take a closer look. It was so much bigger than I'd imagined...webbed leathery feet and a very thick leathery tail .
          That particular one was almost 1m in length nose to tip of tail!!!!
          I stopped because I thought it might be an injured dog initially and was fascinated by it.

Not good news in reality as they are invasive and destroy the riverbanks
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I remember the Coypu when they were on the Norfolk Broads in the '60's and 70's, had one visit me one night when I was night fishing for the Bream, glad a thing that size was a vegetarian lol.

Comment

• Afternoon all,warm again,got up,sat in chair,next thing i know is almost noon ,poor cat Snoop,chickens do the same,have noticed Monty's dog looks lost,poor thing,they do have feelings after all,the eggs are so different in colour arn't they,and tastier,Bernie it is a good size hedge hog,have a good afternoon stay safe.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Coypu in northern France and Norfolk. I'd never have believed it if someone else had told me. The things you learn on the Vine.

Comment

• Coypu in Norfolk were fur farm escapees, all were trapped and were removed, the first time I saw a Bittern was when the Broads Authority guy got one in the Coypu trap, he showed it to me and my pal before setting it free and it flew away.

Comment

• Apparently they taste like wild rabbit.

yes...the French have recipes for almost everything!

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

And another sunny day ahead

I've loads of empty tubs on the patio so I'm going to sow some nasturtiums today so we have lots of summer colour. didn't want to do it too early (tempting as it was) as we're still not guaranteed a frost free night yet

I'm fancying making some oat biscuits or shortbread today..or maybe even ginger biscuits to go with my fresh strawberries this evening.
                      Anyone got any favourite recipes to share?

Comment

• Morning, a bit misty here this morning, I'm no chef Nicos, but if you need a chief taster I'm your man...…...just no sugar in mine though.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Another beautiful day.
                            Wont go to the park today as it's a bank holiday, today and I expect there will be too many people about.
                            So looks like a day in the garden.
                            Have a good one and enjoy the sunshine,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning
                              Who mentioned shortbread, yum yes please . I have never made it though but happy to sample any
                              Walk done early down the river and it was very warm. Lots of wild garlic.
                              Garden time again today.
                              Attached Files
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning All
                                Lovely photos CG, beautiful location. Cracking morning again, not sure what's on the cards for today so I guess it'll be the lotty.

Enjoy your day
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X