X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Another hot day here.
    Off for my walk in the park before it gets any hotter.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Brown grass already?.. wow!
      Our garden/field used to be cow pasture so it's very lush at the moment. We 're still cutting it every 5days!
      We now leave large areas to grow naturally with grasses and wild flowers and some of the grasses are already over 5ft high!

Eventually it'll go brown and crispy...but that seems a way off yet!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon a nice day with a cooling breeze not doing a lot today just a little bit of weeding, I gat a delivery this morning of 2 replacement hydraulic rods for my outo vents so that's all 8 roof windows with auto vents fitted I also have an auto vent thing for the side vents but I have rarely used those so don't know if I will fit it, OH is complaining about a sore hip, which I have offered to massage but for some reason she says no then moans about the pain, ​​​​​​you offer to help but they turn you down, women are funny
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all, a new toy has been delivered by the postie, one of those camera trap/trail cameras, this one has a solar panel to re charge the internal battery, just testing it in the garden on the bird bath, that'll keep me amused for a while. lol

Comment

• Afternoon Folks. Was on the plot early again today (05.45) but keeping out of the sun at the mo, might even have a short kip later or as they say round here "ay a doss". Grass is yellow here too.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good afternoon all,hopes everyone is ok,it is certainly hot hot hot,and said to continue ,Bernie,are you now our only MOD,or the only one to be lucky in having a banner bestowed for now,have fashioned a archway over a garden path,just to see how it is for picking,and something different,later on will plant rest of the beans out,and drowned them,i feel really behind this year with everything,am sure we will get something to eat eventually,main thing is to stay safe on and healthy on all fronts,cut MR's hair yesterday,looks much better,am still debating on my own,do i,don't i,is so fizzy,it keeps better shorter,but i end up looking like i got and older persons perm ,it looks better longer,but,is harder to tame,i end up with literally a fuzz ball,aproz 4in high,it is said to have come from the irish side of the family,well thats my moan for the day,take care that sun is hot.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Since all my recent posts have been "moderated" and removed I'm taking this as a very big hint that I'm not wanted here.
                I'm hoping that by posting on this "Chat" thread my post will not be deleted.
                I'm truly fed up with being treated like a spammer.

If there are any Moderators around, please ask Admin to delete my account.

I hope my friends here stay well - its nothing personal. Goodbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                  Good afternoon all,hopes everyone is ok,it is certainly hot hot hot,and said to continue ,Bernie,are you now our only MOD,or the only one to be lucky in having a banner bestowed for now,have fashioned a archway over a garden path,just to see how it is for picking,and something different,later on will plant rest of the beans out,and drowned them,i feel really behind this year with everything,am sure we will get something to eat eventually,main thing is to stay safe on and healthy on all fronts,cut MR's hair yesterday,looks much better,am still debating on my own,do i,don't i,is so fizzy,it keeps better shorter,but i end up looking like i got and older persons perm ,it looks better longer,but,is harder to tame,i end up with literally a fuzz ball,aproz 4in high,it is said to have come from the irish side of the family,well thats my moan for the day,take care that sun is hot.
                  I'm not the only Mod, for some reason the others have lost the i.d. Nicos, Ms-T, Bren in pots and bario1, are amongst the active mods.

Comment

• Just done the last Clap For Carers thing, they did it proud round here, a definite thank you for those working tirelessly for us
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Since all my recent posts have been "moderated" and removed I'm taking this as a very big hint that I'm not wanted here.
                      I'm hoping that by posting on this "Chat" thread my post will not be deleted.
                      I'm truly fed up with being treated like a spammer.

If there are any Moderators around, please ask Admin to delete my account.

I hope my friends here stay well - its nothing personal. Goodbye.
                      It's a shame you feel that way VC, during the course of the upgrade some large threads have been closed to aid easier access, large threads often didn't open at all. No threads have been deleted, they have been unstickied and closed to stop any confusion on which threads to post on. There are links included in the first post as we have always done, indeed as you did when you were a moderator. It seems you have chosen to leave this site and you have always been able to join in just as you always have. However as you have asked to have your account closed, I believe one of the mods has informed admin of your request.

Comment

• This is so sad...We had great chats over several years.
                        Although I never met you personally I felt we q

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Hot and sunny Have a good day All
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                            Tis lovely and sunny here again too Flo.
                            I can't believe how it's affecting the number of strawberries that are flowering and ripening because of it!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, we too have a bright and sunny start up here in North East Scotland, some watering to be done and some very light weeding and possibly a lot of sitting in the garden and smelling the Roses.

Comment

• Morning All, sunny and bright

Happy Fridays
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X