X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never saw dixon of dock green .
    Yes LD life has its corners.
    OHs choice of films often arnt mine (some are)but then i prefer tv off.
    Thank you for your forum work Burnie and those of you that have stuck around, I thought you were all leaving.
    Jay a drive out in the car ?
    We are a bit in the middle here as go both sides of the border.

Summerhouse is getting there yey.
    Northern England.

Comment

• I remember Dixon of Dock Green ( bends knees!) ..and Emergency Ward 10,,

just wanted to say that I'm a rediculously happy bunny today cos after 6 months I have my 20 yr old car back , saved from the scrappy by a uk electronic firm who have done wonders with two computer components.
      Hats off to them!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening all. still up and should be in bed, but I've drunk too much coffee today

Originally posted by rary View Post
        Jay, who is Dixon of Dock Green
        Rary, he's the policeman I was in love with when I was seven years old. Mind you, I was also in love with Dr Dawson and Mr Large from EW10, and for some reason I can't fathom now, David Jacobs

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• You can have them MH...so long as I can have Dr Finlay...!

Comment

• OMG! He was born in 1931...he's old enough to be my father!

Comment

• Good to hear about the greenhouse CG ...good job there!... I'd love to see some piccies?
              I'd absolutely love to have a greenhouse again but just can't see that happening...boo hoo...

Comment

• Dixon of dock green is older than my father

I will get pics when completed.s/house Nicos.
                whats the car? Sounds fun.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Nicos I remember The Grove Family along with many other programmes can you remember In Town Tonight or Muffin the Mule with Annet Mills or no that's enough for tonight
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Pre-Mornin n'alln'all
                    Cant believe Hibou has woken me up! The window is open, she has fresh water and food...think she just wanted her tummy rubbing

CG...my car is an Audi TT and yes, absolutely yes, she's wonderful to drive and so comfy ...pity she desperately needs a respray and the inside of the boot looks a bit like a shed
                    Last edited by Nicos; 27-05-2020, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

I remember Dixon of Dock Green and the original Survivors series... Seems very prescient now.

All the kind thoughts. Made my morning. One of my brothers lives up north. He has to go to London with his sons tomorrow and will be making a detour to Bristol just to wave at my mum through her window! How loving is that! In some respects, I think it might make her more tearful, but it also might make her realise that everything we and her carers have been telling her about the virus is true. Anyway, she's definitely more in her right mind at the moment and liking where she is better than the hospital. Hope things stay that way.

Really enjoyed reading your comments, Burnie, but also made me a bit nervous. Hope we're not about to be abandoned in favour of new social media. You, Nicos and everyone behind the scenes are amazing.

Meanwhile, me, I'm off to hospital tomorrow to see anaesthetist in run-up to operation on 2 June. Seems a bit too early. Can't say no, do need the op but a bit nervous of the exposure. I've had one outing in the last three months. It'll be weird seeing buildings, cars, other people. However, Mr Snoop will get to visit proper shops in the same town. There's a Lidl, for example. That's a big deal for us! Hope they've got Cheddar in.

Right, back to being busy. Have a lovely day, guys.

Comment

• Good luck for tomorrow Snoop, keep my fingers crossed for you.
                        Cracking morning again, off to do the weekly food shopping in a bit.

Enjoy the day
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                          Good luck tomorrow snoop, good to hear mum is doing better.
                          ah Nicos a sporty number. Yes funny how cars become sheds.
                          Enjoy your shop Mr B
                          A nip in the air today gh 3degrees in the night
                          Dogs walk shortly and back to the summerhouse/mums again for some more painting. We take the dogs who keep her entertained (well pup does, older one pesters her for treats as knows where they are). It's been hard for her the lockdown on her own, can't visit dad in nursing home or pop to shops easily. Feel like a weight is coming off my shoulders getting this thing done, it's been dragging on since last yr.
                          On with the day, have a good one .
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                            now this is a better time to be waking up!

Apparently Hibou had brought me a mouse for my breakfast...she must have thought I was ever so ungrateful!

snoop -good to hear about your mom

Bones....what 'treat' are you fancying?...I bought some impromptu dim sum which wasn't on my list -and boy were they lovely!
                            Enjoy your trip out.

CG....your moms going to love your company-and chuffed to bits with the painting -enjoy your time with her! I speak with my 92 year old mom every day but sadly it's not the same

Snoop -I understand your concern re hospital -I was more worried about catching the virus than my results from various scans etc.... once you are there you'll feel safer than you are expecting to. It's the one place where everyone is strictly following safety regulations.I took my own gloves and mask just to be sure though.

rary!...muffin the mule eh? .....don't forget spotty dog in the Woodentops!

Time for a brew....looks like we're in for another lovely day too...Yey!

Comment

• Good mornig all.
                              What a beautiful morning.
                              Off out to have a few rounds of pitch and putt with my sister.

Snoop, glad to hear your mam is doing better.
                              Good luck for your visit to the hospital tomorrow.

Nicos, I had a case like yours a long time ago, I actually cried when I had to let it go.

Have a good all and happy gardening.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here but WFH again so not able to get out in it. Glad you're all still here, good company Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X