This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all
    just had a brunch of bacon and scrambled eggs on toast here Bren! Yummy!

Lots going on here too -I really need to get stuck into potting on as there is more space in the blowaway for the bigger pots now the brassicas gave been planted out.

I've just picked a bowl full of strawberries...they are forming thick and fast now - Can't complain!
    I was also surprised to see how much the gooseberries are swelling after all the rain we've had -looking forward to a gooseberry fool! I could get used to this ' not dieting ' te h
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all,duller day,MR said i missed the rain when asleep for 3plus hours yesterday pm,apparently it was only a few bits on the windows,we will soon be sighing,when is this rain going to stop ,hope everyone is staying safe,i noticed a upper school not far from us,has had to close,a pupil has tested positive for the virus,there were apparently a handful of students,this is not far from the plot,i read that this Thursday could be the last clap,hope all are copping as best as we can,think of the song,I WILL survive.
      Snoop everything is fine thankyou,i have to believe and make it so,hope all goes well with your mom x
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon cold at a bit wet today removed the cover from my baskets and courgettes opened up the coldframes then moved some plants out of the greenhouse, fuchsia, marigold, runner beans and some Ailsa Graig onions that I had sown 3 or 4 weeks ago possibly a bit late but nothing ventured nothing gained then filled the bird feeder had a quick coffee then listened to the church service on Facebook. OH is now baking so I am going to catch up on the virtual Chelsea, enjoy the day
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Afternoon All Where's the location gone? Or is it me?
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I posted earlier today and it obligingly saved the post but didn't post it. I was probably too impatient to wait. My son has taken my Grandson to Portsmouth today, second phase of his navy training. He's 18 next week, so had a party with his family yesterday. Sunny now but chilly. I'm going to try to find a good book. See you all soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              Good Afternoon All Where's the location gone? Or is it me?
              Missing in action, on the list of things for them to fix

Comment

• Thanks Burnie

Comment

• Another lovely day with a lot less wind. Should have been out in the garden but I can't stand the sound of the icecream van for 3 hours touring the estate behind me. It's usually only weekends and bank holidays apart from summer holidays when it's every day. I take it we have now got it every day until the children are allowed back to school whenever that might be. I might be a little more tolerant if he came up the non estate roads in our town. There are plenty of children here too and adults like the odd 99 as well.

My tomatoes have at last decided to germinate. They've taken about 6 weeks. Past experience tells me they will catch up. I need someone to give me a boot up the behind as I'm wallowing after a really good start.

My strawberries aren't as forward as yours Nicos, but are far more so than usual.

I seem to have a problem with the zxcv row of my keyboard. I have to go back and reread my typing and thump the missing letters really hard. So if I've missed any, take a guess at what they are supposed to be.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afternoon all. Just got back from the plot, its still windy but not as bad as the previous two days.

Sowed my French Beans and my climbing french beans in modules in the greenhouse.
                    Started to place my pots ready for my toms to go into. Ten tomatoes down one side, four different types. Two cucumbers on the gable end.

TTFN.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good evening all, what a beautiful day.
                      Temp went up to 21 degs and it was really hot.
                      watered everything in the greenhouse and tied in my tomatoes.
                      Just have to say...I picked my first ripe tomato Maskotka.All the rest are coming 9n fast with the warm weather.
                      two tiny cucumbers have formed as well.
                      Well done Nicos, your strawberries are coming in early, enjoy.
                      Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Wow bramble . When do you start yours off ?do you have a heated gh?

Evening
                        Lovely sunny evening
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Tomatoes already??....wow! well done Bramble!

I managed to finally motivate myself to pot on all 19 tomato plants. Never grown so many before....still between me and blight we'll probably manage to see a few more off!

I'm just listening to the sounds of late evening. There's a tawney owl hooting its little heart out and the crickets are chirping away...and Hibou quietly snoring!

keep safe peeps -see you tomorrow
                          Last edited by Nicos; 24-05-2020, 08:59 PM.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Tomatoes already..wasnt meant to happen this way.
                            Me and O.H had a holiday planned and grandson said if I planted the tomatoes early and got them established he would look after them while we were away.
                            Anyway, with the virus we are at home so I had a lot more time to look after the plants and the weather complied.
                            I find Maskotka always ripenes early and they are a lovely low growing plant.
                            If my memory serves me correctly the seeds were sown some time in late January.z

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                              Wow bramble . When do you start yours off ?do you have a heated gh?

Evening
                              Lovely sunny evening
                              Container gardener, no heated greenhouse. Started in heated propagator and kept in the conservatory and covered with fleece.
                              Just been lucky this year as the weather had been mild.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Quick visit to say hello.

Congrats on the toms, Bramble. Never heard of Maskotka. Must check them out.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, LD. Mum's due to move into assessment home this morning. Fingers crossed for her.

Not much other news. Can't get over how busy I am these days. Garden is taking a back seat. Veg patch has gone from sodden to terracotta in next to no time. And my tom plants are all of 5 cm tall. Just haven't thrived at all. Rain forecast for today. Can hear it already. 6 mm/litres per square metre due in the next hour or so. Who'd have thought I'd be glad to see it, just to bring the temperature down a bit.

Anyway, on with the show. Hope you all have lovely days.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X