X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Comet, comet... I don't know anything about that. And yes, a second brew would be great, Nicos. Can you pour it for me while I go off and see about this comet.

And yes, it is quite a project, Nicos. Going to be great when it's finished.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-07-2020, 07:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Your new kitchen/ garage sounds fantastic Snoop...it's one heck of a project what with water storage too!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Quite cool this morning. Builders turned up early (7.40 am), perhaps to make the most of it. Low of 13.7 ºC overnight. Perfect. Made bread last night but left all the doors and dog flap open and the kitchen is now very cool. Will probably do the same again tonight.

Busy work day ahead. Not much else on the cards, so with any luck will get through quite a lot. Only one cat for company in the basement this morning. I'm a bit chilly and really ought to go and find a cardigan, but I know as soon as I stand up she'll shift over to my chair as it's far more comfortable.

Catch you all later. Have a good one meanwhile.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin Snoop-I wondered who was clattering around the kitchen!
    Last edited by Nicos; 14-07-2020, 07:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    what a strange start to the day!
    Up several times to check out the comet...then Hibou coming in and out of the bedroom window, then a barn owl sceeching for ages right outside our window ( you can imagine a medieval horror film soundtrack with that!!!!!)
    And then rain pounding off the bedroom window
    Think I need a couple more hours sleep!
    Could be worse reasons eh?

I forgot to mention that my OH went to dig up our first spuds the other day and disturbed a hare hiding under the foliage nearby.
    Boy did it shift...zooooommmmm.....
    I did check online and it says they can sprint at 50mph for 20 yards!
    It ran into the long grass we leave in our garden field. I was thrilled at the number of butterflies -but having a hare in there....WOW

I was wondering about nipping to get some diy stuff today as it's raining and there may be less peeps about-but I spotted on the news it's a Bank Holiday today...ooops-guess who forgot Bastille Day? I wonder if there will be fireworks this evening again this year?

Right...time for a second brew-anyone care to join me?
    Last edited by Nicos; 14-07-2020, 07:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^Thanks, CG. That's a quick way to do it, and tasty too.

Rary, another vote for petunias. They seem to survive whatever the weather can throw at them. Always surprises me, as the flowers look so delicate.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

It's a good question. I've been pondering on a BBQ for years. Couldn't have a wood or charcoal one in summer, though, due to forestry regs. So it would have to be gas, and that rather defeats the point. I have to say, though, the pressure cooker isn't bad. Brown the chicken all over, sweat a mirepoix of veg if you can be bothered, bung in a cup of stock, juice, water, whatever, put the chicken in on top (or on trivet if no mirepoix) and bring up to pressure, cook for however long you need depending on weight and then leave pressure to drop naturally. Probably all done in 40 mins from start to finish, half hour if it's a small chicken, and no worry that it might not be cooked. Always really succulent and juicy, though the skin isn't crispy, but that's no loss to me as I never eat the skin on chicken anyway for some reason - I just don't like it, though I know most people would think me mad for saying that.

Anyway, plus, plus, getting all excited here: the garage is going to include a place for a woodburning range, electric oven and a sink. Brilliant. I think Mr Snoop agreed this because a) he can't imagine life without bread; and b) this garage is costing an arm and a leg so there had better be something in it for me!
    We spatchcock chicken on bbq .

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I'd go with petunias rary...so long as you keep deadheading them they seem to last longer outside than begonias.
    My granny grew begonias had had to find places to overwinter them... always a struggle for her.
    Depends on what you want to do ocpverwinter maybe????

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good evening, I have had another quiet day today and the weather hasn't been that great occasional light showers and a blustery wind, so I decided to go to the bank to put a cheque in that we have had in the house since February OH came with me just to get out the house though she stayed in the car while I went to the bank, when back home I went through all the correspondence I had in regards to my holiday, so now have that sorted out I will send it off in a day or two as I want to send it from a post office in a nearby town as they are able to maintain distanceing easier than our local post office now I an sitting wondering how I can finish off my patio not sure whither to plant it out with begonias or petunias, I am open to suggestions and if it's what I want I will take them just wondered through to the kitchen and I happened to come across some ice cream lollies and as OH wanted one I had to take one as well well enjoy you day tomorrow and keep safe
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Rary, we would have loved to listen to one of our elders the other day, meaning you giving your reading, but it was indeed difficult in our case to do so because you didn't tell us where to go on Facebook.
    Sorry about that Snoop, if you go to the page where I am doing the reading you will see me there

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by rary View Post
    ^^^^^ Well I always think you should listen to your elders, but in your case that might be dufficult
    Rary, we would have loved to listen to one of our elders the other day, meaning you giving your reading, but it was indeed difficult in our case to do so because you didn't tell us where to go on Facebook.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Snoop -I notice you 'roast' your chicken in a pressure cooker?

Have you tried BBQing them?
    We have a BBQ with a lid and sometimes pop in a whole chicken or other 'roast' off the heat. They taste even better when cooked with wood rather than charcoal.
    It was just a thought as I know it can become impossibly hot in the kitchen with the oven on during the summer.
    It's a good question. I've been pondering on a BBQ for years. Couldn't have a wood or charcoal one in summer, though, due to forestry regs. So it would have to be gas, and that rather defeats the point. I have to say, though, the pressure cooker isn't bad. Brown the chicken all over, sweat a mirepoix of veg if you can be bothered, bung in a cup of stock, juice, water, whatever, put the chicken in on top (or on trivet if no mirepoix) and bring up to pressure, cook for however long you need depending on weight and then leave pressure to drop naturally. Probably all done in 40 mins from start to finish, half hour if it's a small chicken, and no worry that it might not be cooked. Always really succulent and juicy, though the skin isn't crispy, but that's no loss to me as I never eat the skin on chicken anyway for some reason - I just don't like it, though I know most people would think me mad for saying that.

Anyway, plus, plus, getting all excited here: the garage is going to include a place for a woodburning range, electric oven and a sink. Brilliant. I think Mr Snoop agreed this because a) he can't imagine life without bread; and b) this garage is costing an arm and a leg so there had better be something in it for me!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    * tsk....

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    ^^^^^ Well I always think you should listen to your elders, but in your case that might be dufficult

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Can't possibly imagine rary....are you going to give us any useful tips we might use at some point in the future???

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X