Odd hobbies?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh Burnie
    When I was wed I had a harris hawk, funny when missing after I left Ex said he lost him whilst out flying,we also had during the time we were together a European eagle owl, another harris which was exs, still has her, she'll be about 12 now, also had barn owls we looked after at local pub, did have a saker on staying with us while owner on hols.
    Love birds of prey dont have the space, or time for them now

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
      i make miniature hats

for chicks? or for dolls?
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
        Used to fly a Saker falcon for seven years
        We used to go to Wick with Lanners and Peregrines, never had a hawk/falcon of my own but used to go out with a falconer on a regular basis.
        Nell

Comment

Play classical guitar. Used to have/fly Redtail Buzzard for 4 years but haven't the time to fly one now, still miss flying the hawks even after 10 years
          Last edited by digthatchick; 07-11-2008, 06:33 PM.
          http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by ailsasyl View Post
            oh Burnie
            When I was wed I had a harris hawk, funny when missing after I left Ex said he lost him whilst out flying,we also had during the time we were together a European eagle owl, another harris which was exs, still has her, she'll be about 12 now, also had barn owls we looked after at local pub, did have a saker on staying with us while owner on hols.
            Love birds of prey dont have the space, or time for them now
            Good grief another one. We had barn, little and tawny owls and did breed and release of barns in Devon.
            Nell

Comment

I go Hot Air Ballooning !!

Comment

Originally posted by geoff View Post
                My other main hobby is hillwalking; unfortunately the best time for that, Spring, is also the time when the allotment demands the most attention - roll on retirement!
                Mmm, my OH is usually thigh deep in a peat-bog too, just when I need the most help on the lottie. I'm usually unceremoneously dumped in the nearest village and left to amuse myself in the Crafte and the Gifte Shoppes. And now the dog is getting a little too old to accompany him I can't even go inside and I have to windowe shoppe and sit outdoors when I have a coffee. And why, regardless of the weather when he sets out, is there always drizzle with snow in it before he gets back?

I've always wanted to try falconry and fishing though........jealous now.
                Last edited by bluemoon; 07-11-2008, 06:37 PM.
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                  for chicks? or for dolls?
                  damn i hadn't thought about making some for the chicks ..... better get on that

Comment

Metal detecting and researching my Fathers birth village which ceased to exist in the sixties! Buying second hand books, (non fiction mostly)reading second hand books, selling second hand books on eBay.

I have loads more hobbies but these are the relatively 'odd' ones!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
                      Fishing! Not an unusual hobby I know, but people seem to think it's odd cos I'm not a bloke! Everyone assumes it's OH's hobby and I go along to pour the coffee - wrong!
                      I'd LOVE to have a shot of fishing!!...but got no idea where to start. What a shame you're not closer...you could show me the ropes...so to speak!!
                      I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
                        I'd LOVE to have a shot of fishing!!...but got no idea where to start. What a shame you're not closer...you could show me the ropes...so to speak!!
                        Just a warning - don't get me started I'm really keen! Couldn't be much further away really! We're off to Cornwall tomorrow for a week's fishing - the weather looks awful - but we'll have a brilliant time!!

Share a hobby with your OH - any hobby - can't recommend it enough! We've been gaining all sorts of new interests since the kids have all left home (you can read anything you like into that!)
                        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I've got tons of hobbies...but none really unusual...apart from our ghost hunts! We enjoy visiting old locations, well after dark...to research...and terrify ourselves!! Had some great nights out....and very interesting results!!

Comment

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
                            Just a warning - don't get me started I'm really keen! Couldn't be much further away really! We're off to Cornwall tomorrow for a week's fishing - the weather looks awful - but we'll have a brilliant time!!

Share a hobby with your OH - any hobby - can't recommend it enough! We've been gaining all sorts of new interests since the kids have all left home (you can read anything you like into that!)
                            I share EVERY hobby with my OH...(read in to that as you wish also!!!!) . I have been quite interested in the possibility of fishing since watching a programme on the 'extreme fishers' channel about women fishing at the seaside...it looked great. We're seriously considering having a go, but goodness knows how we're going to start up - don't really want to buy everything until I know for sure whether I can a) do it b) enjoy it!

freecycle maybe! What would one need to start at a VERY basic level??

Comment

I'm 48 years old and just love the thrill of my 450cc quad bike,its only the body thats 48,i think the heads about 18

Comment

I'm 48 years old and just love the thrill of my 450cc quad bike,its only the body thats 48,i think the heads about 18.
                                The wife just does'nt understand.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X