Odd hobbies?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    I buy fabric, just to keep it in a drawer (it's called a stash, it's perfectly normal)
    I'll second that. And if she clocks this thread our new member, my good friend BilboWaggins will third it! She's a fellow quilter (that's how we met) and she keeps hers in 2 rooms!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

When i was a kid at school i started collecting foriegn stamps and still do i get thrill these days when the postman brings me some that i have bought on Ebay 2 lots today .
      In my late teens i was taken to a stock car meeting at and got hooked on that as look would have it my girlfreind at the time got hooked as well she is my OH now and spent an awfull lot of time travelling all over england watching that when funds allowed .
      And of course the hobby that brings us all together Gardening so 2 out of 3 still practicing ain't too bad. jacob marley
      Last edited by jacob marley; 10-11-2008, 05:42 PM.
      What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Me and DH are keen on surfing, love skiing, DH plays flamenco guitar. I used to be a keen ballet dancer, now not so much. None of it weird really. I don't think I've got any REALLY weird pastimes (that I could speak of here...)
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I'm a crazy girl jet skier in spare time

Comment

I could happily spend all day beachcombing, and can never return from the beach without at least 1 pebble (I only live about half a mile a way from the sea, so have to restrict myself!).

I like cloudgazing too...very relaxing. Haven't done this as much since the advent of children though, I wonder why!?

There seems to be quite a few frustrated bellydancers on here - why don't you all enlist for an evening class? Go for it I say. Not something I fancy personally, I'd like to learn how to sculpt stone.
            Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Me and OH Scuba Dive. Been to some wonderful places i.e The Maldives, but now our dogs are too old to put in kennels so will try Cornwall next year. Went this year but wrong time of year to dive. Will pop into Heligan Glutton4. Been to Eden approx 4 times and loved that, so if Heligan better we are in for a real treat.
              Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
                I share EVERY hobby with my OH...(read in to that as you wish also!!!!) . I have been quite interested in the possibility of fishing since watching a programme on the 'extreme fishers' channel about women fishing at the seaside...it looked great. We're seriously considering having a go, but goodness knows how we're going to start up - don't really want to buy everything until I know for sure whether I can a) do it b) enjoy it!

freecycle maybe! What would one need to start at a VERY basic level??
                Go along to your local Rainbow trout water . Most will hire you all you need and a bit of instruction to get you started. Shouldn't cost more than £25 - £30 for a day with equipment and a bit of tuition.
                Basic fly rod ,line, leaders ,tippet = £100 everything else is optional .
                You can spend fron £30 upwards on a rod - as much or as little as you want to spend.

hobbies of mine -
                Fishing - Sea , River and Lake (Salmon , Sea, Brown and Rainbow Trout)
                Pistol and Rifle target shooting
                Clay pigeon shooting
                Geocaching- Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site
                Geographing-Geograph British Isles - photograph every grid square!
                Last edited by beefy; 11-11-2008, 08:39 PM.
                There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by sallym View Post
                  Me and OH Scuba Dive...
                  I would LOVE to scuba dive but I'm scared of water on my face (whimp). Was going to try it with OH in the Caribbean a few years back but chickened out

Tried the underwater sea-trek thing with the big air-fed diving helmet thinggy on - I was so tense I nearly hyperventilated - till the guide told us that an 84 year old lady had done it the week before. Felt a bit of a plonker after that!
                  Last edited by Glutton4...; 11-11-2008, 07:47 PM.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

More info please - sounds fascinating

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                    Oh and collecting fire engines!!!
                    ...and where do you put them????? Models or the real thing? I know a farmer with an ancient one rusting in his field. It is very,very rusty.

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
                      I have no idea burnie...I was seduced by sea fishing, but would like 'troot' too!! LOL

I wouldn't have the first idea where a tackle shop was, let alone a club. I'll google it though - rest assured!

As for Falconry - I'll stick to my chooks - lol.
                      FishScotland - Trout Fishing - Stocked Trout Fisheries
                      theres a list of Rainbow trout waters near you . Give them a call explain that you want to try it out but have no gear .I'd be very suprised if they don't tell you to come down and try it out . Most of these places sell tackle so will be only too glad to get you "hooked"Many have a beginner pond specially for people who are new and for casting practice. Good luck.
                      There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Lots of material which WILL become a quilt some day. Leftover balls of wool from finished or even half knitted woolies. Tins of stamps several years old waiting to be sorted and labelled. A keyring collection, a thimble collection. a postcard collection, all the old family photos awaiting a home in several albums, several boxes of seeds and 4 grandkids waiting to be amused. All i really need is lots more time.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I have a really dark, macabre, mind boggling, dis-heartening & frustrating hobby.

I watch Wrexham Football club.

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                            we got into kiting a year or so back thanx to some friends, we have a 3 foot jobby which is fun, although Con did get harnessed to a 9foot job and we had to stake him to the ground and hang onto his feet, he thought it was awesome, I had visions of him disappearing across the channel.
                            Our biggest is 11 meters, then 9m but my faves are abut 4 and 6m, you need the bigger ones for on the water when the wind is low.
                            It can be scary at times.
                            Yo an' Bob
                            Walk lightly on the earth
                            take only what you need
                            give all you can
                            and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...