Odd hobbies?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnie View Post
    I have no personal experience,but on a sea fishing forum I use,they are not too keen on the glasgow angling centre.I'm on the east side so can't really help.Try World Sea Fishing forum,some one may be closer to you,they are a friendly enough bunch,this site has forums for the whole of the uk,so might help any other would be sea anglers get started.
    Thanks for you advice burnie - I'll look up the forum you're talking about. Now you're sure no club is going to laugh at little old me, turning up all fresh faced and useless in the world of fishing??

Who knows, I might not even like it - but, I feel a pull towards it at present.
    I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
      well if you up for beachcasting into ice floes off dungeoness go for it, bring an ice pick
      An ice pick is not a problem!!!
      I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Is spending money in garden centres counted as a hobby?

I do archery. write poems and paint but not all together.
        http://www.paintingsussex.co.uk

Comment

Mrs A has an unusual hobby I think....

She knits her own jewellry with very fine silver wire. She does it by hand and on her knitting machine. The pieces are stunning and quite often she is asked where she "bought" a particular piece.
          She is very creative and loves making things like this.

Comment

My mate and myself used to have a market stall for a hobby, great fun because you can change character and be quite outragous if you want and people seem to expect it.

We started off by selling candles but as the allure of suppliers having other things, we started branch out.

I think the funniest thing we sold was belly dancing costumes and accessories. People used to come through the market and it was almost as if they had been hit by a plank of wood when they spotted them.

You could almost read the minds. Hubby "would she..". Wife "If he thinks..."

We sold quite a lot of them really. I hadn't realised that it was such a popular keep fit hobby around here, although some of our clientel I think used them in a more, shall I say profession manner (some very offbeat conversations).

Some of the old women actually shocked me, talk about grow old disgracefully!
            I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

I make lots of different things, into sculpting and mould making at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by crazy_red View Post
                Have to fess up now you've all been so honest.....

I bellydance.....
                I have a belly big enough to dance on.
                It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Originally posted by digthatchick View Post
                  Used to have/fly Redtail Buzzard
                  I've got a vicious green-cheeked Conure called Jasper. He'd have a Buzzard, easy

I collect loo rolls (for sweet peas)

I knit bits of jumper and never sew them up into a garment

I buy fabric, just to keep it in a drawer (it's called a stash, it's perfectly normal)

If I am really stressed out, I like to go and sort a jar of mixed beans into different colours - black, white, red ... all into different jars.
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                    used to showjump quite seriously but now told old - bones break easier
                    I used to showjump quite unseriously I had a wonderful 14hh pony, used to jump 2ft6 max and get beaten by whizzy kids.

OH paints little men and plays wargames with them. He is insistent this is NOT warhammer. This is "historically acurate" wargaming Ok mate if you say so
                    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

3 years ago I'd have said being a forum member was an odd hobby for me!!! Boy do times change!!!!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I visited the Pinhole gallery and was mightily impressed!

My 'odd' hobby is funghi, I suppose. Oh and collecting fire engines!!! I do have ponies and ride, but that's not very odd - quite mainstream in these parts!

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                          I do have ponies and ride, but that's not very odd - quite mainstream in these parts!
                          Indeed! Theres a village near here and I think its got more horses than people! Being south Surrey most of em are very posh horses too
                          Last edited by FionaH; 10-11-2008, 04:00 PM.
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

would love to do belly dancing and ballooning!

I like kite flying, big kites, little kites, inflatable kites, on boards or buggys or on my pins.

I also like astronomy.
                            Yo an' Bob
                            Walk lightly on the earth
                            take only what you need
                            give all you can
                            and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

crystal gazing and developing my aura goggles among other things...
                              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
                                would love to do belly dancing and ballooning!

I like kite flying, big kites, little kites, inflatable kites, on boards or buggys or on my pins.

I also like astronomy.
                                we got into kiting a year or so back thanx to some friends, we have a 3 foot jobby which is fun, although Con did get harnessed to a 9foot job and we had to stake him to the ground and hang onto his feet, he thought it was awesome, I had visions of him disappearing across the channel.
                                Vive Le Revolution!!!
                                'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                                Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X