What are you doing tonight?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
    Decorating the house ready for the trickletreaters, cooking a roast beef n roastie dinner for us both, honouring the Ancestors and Beloved Dead with a place setting for them, a small spontaneous Rite, then later on snuggling together with a bottle of wine and celebrating our anniversary!

Happy anniversary Mrs D (and Mr D of course)
    http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

settling in, thinking, god i wish i had Most Haunted on the TV!!! as i dont, i will have to wait for it tomorrow eve!!!!

getting out the sweets for the treaters and hoping i dont get any eggs lol!

Comment

Watching 'Owls by Moonlight' at the Hawk Conservancy.
        Even if we were home, we wouldn't get kids coming to the door. My dog has a VERY 'Alsatian' bark, and they seem to get put off.....
        My kids are grown now, but they did NOT go round knocking on doors! In the general area where we lived when mine were school age, the ones who went out for Halloween were not little kids begging for sweeties, but noisy teens DEMANDING money, and terrorising anyone they disliked.
        Fortunately we were on an island, and there was always a Saturday that was Halloween, or Bonfire, or in between, and we had an island party, halloween/harvest fancy dress for the kids, all the Halloween games, then fireworks in the field across the road from the 'village hall'. We only had a few island parties a year (Harvest/halloween/bonfire, Christmas, Valentine, midsummer) but they tended to start at 7.30 and carry on until everyone got tired and went home (usually about 2 am).
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
          I rarely go to the cinema anyway - too intolerant of noisy people/eaters. Cinemas would be much better if you were shot for making noise.
          This is why I'm waiting a couple of weeks. Can't stand crowded places, so I'll wait until after the initial rush. I'm sure he'll still look the same.

You are DEFINITELY not the only Bonder, though.

Forgot the point of the post! I'm at a Halloween party at work, then I think I'll call into Tesco or similar to get some cheap pumpkins, to stock up on soup, cake, pie...
          Last edited by SlugLobber; 31-10-2008, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I'm off to my local pub for a few quick halfs/pints of something followed by running home to aviod bumping into anything scary (and i'm not just on about trick or treaters) locking the front door, draw the curtains, and ignoring anyone who knocks on the door (mainly cause i have no treats in the house that i don't want to eat myself) and at this point i might as well say humbug! lol
            Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

I shall be feeding the children worms and eyeballs for supper and spending the evening wishing I was Piskie.......
              Tx

Comment

Decorating the house with paper ghosts and dried leaves ( collected them a couple of weeks ago ) on the table.
                'Yukky food' for me and OH by candlelight.
                Enjoy your evenings folks!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hmm. I'm still not well, and am at a customer's today so by the time I've got through the traffic and dragged myself home [140 odd miles], I think I'll be in bed by 8. Again.

Comment

I wish you speedy recovery our Mom
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Happy Anniversary!!!! Mr & Mrs D.

Comment

get well soon Zazen!
                        Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs D!
                        Working till 7pm, have some bags ready to give out, but we didn't get too many last year.
                        Happybunny going for a sleep over at her pals so is trick and treating in her street, pal birthday tomorrow so she'll have lots of fun and I'll enjoy the peace!

Comment

Tonight - go home and make any repairs necessary to the "purple astronaut" (which is in fact a purple cat) costume needed. Apparently, I must also change my jumper to a black one and don my black hat (a cat needs a Witch!!). Light the "punkin" head and place outside front door. Bring the toddler around the green. Come home and rescue DH doing door answering duty. Clear up guest bedroom for my sister arriving (need somewhere for her to sleep so we can go out for my Burpday dinner tomorrow night). Think about making something for dinner - fairly meagre pickings in the fridge but there may be enough gorgonzola for a pasta sauce (just hope lil sis eats blue cheese - while she loves cheese, I'm not sure about blue). Open a bottle of wine - praying we have one. Light fire (tis just a teeny bit bitterly cold here this week - 2 degrees in the DAYTIME!!). Clear up the sewing debris in the kitchen (twas a VERY late night last night). Collapse - and hope lil sis doesn't have so much news that I can't watch GW in peace (I can't catch up elsewhere). Open second bottle of wine (might make a pit stop en route home - assuming I can persuade DH as we all travelled together today).

Comment

OH is taking my eldest T & Ting, first time. He is 4 and going to be a devil (just hope the red face paint will wash off in the bath or I don't hold out much hope for the pillows later). I shall stay at home with baby who will be a pumpkin by then if he doesn't puke on the outfit, and hopefully get lots of little ones dressed up to hand out sweeties to at the door.

This is the first year in the new house so not sure how many we will get. Last year at the old hose we had so many (over 60, in a tiny village!!!) that I had to lock the doors and turn all the lights out as we had run out of sweets. We could see car loads of kids being let out up the end ot the road who weren't even from our village - bit cheeky that I thought.

Spent yesterday afternoon with the 4 yr old carving the pumpkin, he chose a bat design so a nice easy one for me this year! Last year we were a bit clueless so I carved a scary face, the cut 8 holes in the side and put hose threw it, and turned it into a spider - was cool!

janeyo

ps happy Anniv Mr & Mrs D

Comment

Oh is coming so ermmmmm .... having an early night

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                                I rarely go to the cinema anyway - too intolerant of noisy people/eaters.
                                I so agree - kids kicking the back of your chair, talking all through the good bits and don't get me started on sweetie wrappers! I'd much rather sit and watch a film at home (on a cinema size screen of course ) Who makes the best Bond anyway? Daniel Craig's very good I think, especially when he comes out of the water!! But seriously I think he's very believable in his character role.

I will be making an apple pie and staying in to watch re-runs of Spooks or a good scary film.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X