Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely round 2 then? I am spitting mad. OH is in kitchen swearing about the incompetence of councils. He just suggested contacting PM, Radio 4 newsy type prog or one of the BBC blog sites. What ya think?
    Not going to do anything tonight cos still have underachieving 15yr old son to deal with!
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• Just read Beefys post CAB is the way to go. Most councils or employers s*1t a brick when they get a letter from them.
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• Originally posted by FionaH View Post
        Definitely round 2 then? I am spitting mad. OH is in kitchen swearing about the incompetence of councils. He just suggested contacting PM, Radio 4 newsy type prog or one of the BBC blog sites. What ya think?
        Not going to do anything tonight cos still have underachieving 15yr old son to deal with!
        I say go for it.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

• Just sent a link to this thread to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 here-BBC - Radio 2 - Jeremy Vine - Contact the show
          others could do the same - lets get some national coverage on this.
          There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

• Tricky, contact the paper and get them to tell you who said you were getting your plot back. Also tell them that you're not getting your plot back, but have been put on the waiting list. Do you want us to start bombarding the guy from the council or wait?

Comment

• Update post and new links for round 2, so keep them coming, and get commenting at the paper again on the second story. new link here.
              Scunthorpe, allotment, Richard Baxter

I named and shamed Phil Hotchin over there, he is the guy Tricky spoke to today.
              phil.hotchin@northlincs.gov.uk ( just in case, but have a care with it, not trying to lose any chance tricky has of getting it back)

most important is the guy in murphy's post, local TV already showed interest, lets get them to do the piece if we can.
              peter.levy@bbc.co.uk

BBC - Radio 2 - Jeremy Vine - Contact the show BBC- Radio 2 - Jeremy Vine - Contact the show............... Beefy has sent one already, more can't hurt

Email: len.k.foster@northlincs.gov.uk

Committees: Licensing Committee
              Other: Deputy Leader
              Cabinet member for Neighbourhood, Environmental and Communities
              North Lincolnshire Homes

Very important, this is the guy that made the promise in the paper

Vicky Cottam
              News Editor
              Telephone: 01724 273136
              Email: vicky.cottam@gsmg.co.uk Editor at the scunthorpe telegraph, let her know that despite her papers efforts etc, that the council have not done what they told her they would.

anyone who is a member of either jamie olivers forum, or rivercottage forums, please consider posting the story there, we may not be able to get the celebs themselves on board, but there is a lot of people over there that might want to help ( do not link back to this thread please)
              Last edited by BrideXIII; 12-11-2008, 12:25 PM.
              Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

• will leave a comment tomorrow if i do one now i think it may get reported as abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i need a drink to calm down wat chuffin ******* they are + i feel the four letter word choking me

belle

Comment

• As well as all the other links, I think it really is worth contacting Peter Levy peter.levy@bbc.co.uk I live in the same local BBC area as tricky and they do have loads of 'campaign' type issues featured.
                  I was feeling part of the scenery
                  I walked right out of the machinery
                  My heart going boom boom boom
                  "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                  I've come to take you home."

Comment

• thanks seahorse, i appreciate this thread is getting a bit long, but it seemed sensible to keep this one going rather than start a new one, cos eveyone knows where to look for more news now.
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

• I've edited the original title to keep people looking.
                      I was feeling part of the scenery
                      I walked right out of the machinery
                      My heart going boom boom boom
                      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                      I've come to take you home."

Comment

• aw bless you , thats brilliant.
                        Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

• I've been a little uncomfortable with this whole story from the get-go ... but only because I have had an unworked plot next to me for the last 4 years (it hasn't been seriously cultivated for over 8).

Every time the tenant gets a warning letter, they claim ill health, or personal problems, or bad weather, or whatever. For 8 years!

I just want to say, Tricky I sincerely hope you get a 2nd chance, and if you do get your plot back, may you grow some award-winning veggies to show on the Vine in 09.

PS. I reported the idiot on the Scunthorpe website who was going on about benefit claimants, and allotments being just breeding grounds for rats ...
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Left my comment, time it was sorted this is disgusting.
                            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                            and ends with backache

Comment

• Unbelievable, have added my comments, hopefully this will get sorted sooner rather than later. Keep your spirits up Tricky.

Comment

• The issue here is simple. If the council is going to put him on the waiting list regardless of if or how well the plot was or wasnt kept and regardless of his personal circumstances, why cant he just have his old plot back? Surely the person given the plot should be put on the waiting list in his place?
                                Tammy x x x x
                                Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X