Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frost but it's gone now.

Comment

They do say that early frosts and lots of berries means a harsh winter so cuddle up to keep warm.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

so exciting

I know I know, it will grind the country to a halt and it will be cold wet and horrible but there is something about the snow I love. Its so pretty and in my opinion it is one of life amazing pleasures. However the ladies in my office within minutes of it starting had stopped working and started singing christmas records, all we need now is the christmas coca cola adverts to start and thats it we are well and truely there!
        Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

We had snow yesterday evening but not enough to still be there this morn, just thick frost instead - whats the odds now on a white christmas?!
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Wer still have a about 1 inch shed roof and lawn when i got up this morning about a inch on the washing linejacob marley
            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

We had heavy sleet showers today but no lying snow .
              There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

And still no snow........................
                Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Absolutely no snow here in East Suffolk (actually as far east as you can get in UK). B****y cold though.
                  Last edited by rustylady; 29-10-2008, 07:17 PM. Reason: terrible spelling

Comment

I was actually tollaty miffed with myself today!!Spent the morning shivering indoors trying to find the enthusiasm to go out to the lottie...by the time we got there it was afternoon already & was actually warmer out in the sun than in here...what a wasted morning!!After a row of digging not only did my coat come off but also layer no.3!
                    Must admit come 4:00 though they both got put back on & my fingers came ever so close to dropping off!!...and right now??Absolutely far colder than I'm sure it's supposed to be!!
                    All I can think to keep me going is that maybe(just pretty please maybe!)Due to the weather forgetting to give us summer this year,they're getting winter over early so they can start our summer in January to make up for treating us so poorly this year?!
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

hey D, hope so to (sorry not sure how to quote yet) heating working today fab but cant afford it so i hope summer starts in jan

Belle

Comment

even mad dog has got her polo neck jumper on

Belle

Comment

Originally posted by firstimer1 View Post
                          hey D, hope so to (sorry not sure how to quote yet) heating working today fab but cant afford it so i hope summer starts in jan

Belle
                          As I have a bit of a problem in condensing my words & not making an awful amount of sense,then I shouldn't worry about quoting me!!....but for future reference....at the bottom of a persons reply/post box are some little green boxes~one of them saying "quote"(of all things!!)..if you click on that,then their message will come up & you write yours underneath.xx
                          Andi put the heating on tonight & regrettably after 1/2 hr I said right that's enough can't afford anymore!!!Right now I'm wishing I'd kept my mouth shut!!

Comment

yeah i no what u mean but i do think u climatise when i was a kid we had ice on the inside of the windows + we didnt have quilts!!!

Comment

an soz the advice didnt work cant say its cause im blonde as i died my hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by firstimer1 View Post
                                yeah i no what u mean but i do think u climatise when i was a kid we had ice on the inside of the windows + we didnt have quilts!!!
                                We used to bizzarely actually wake up excited that there were icicles on the insides of our windows!!!
                                My boy has a major aversion to coats(& any 2nd layer of clothing!),yesterday,having managed to get him to wear some sleeves on the way,walked a 15 min journey home in just his vest!!(&trousers!!!).maybe we just feel it less in our younger years?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X