Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Yes please!!!
    ...can you arrange someone to finish off our decorating???..I'd prefer to handle a pile of **** any day!!!!!
    Swap ya, I love decorating
    Last edited by scarey55; 21-09-2008, 07:34 PM.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
      For any grape wanting to learn Greek!!?
      Learn Greek in 25 years
      LOVE it!!!! ( do they do a French version????)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley;28 5685
        Have you got rotovater or do i bring my own
        Rotovator here and at the ready
        Last edited by scarey55; 21-09-2008, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
          Have you got rotovater or do i bring my own
          I read that as rotwieler!
          Last edited by bubblewrap; 21-09-2008, 07:37 PM.
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
            Swap ya, I love decorating
            NOW you tell me!!!!!!

Come for your hols in Normandy..I could do with the company!

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
              Blimey I sit down to eat my dinner (not worth the bother - culinary catastrophe tonight), come back to the vine to find pages of posts. Must be getting dark earlier
              Oh Shirley, can't imagine that it was that bad - or did some dark fairy come in and do the cooking for you.

Comment

Evening peeps, just a quick drop in
                Weather been glorious here this week too. I have high hopes of another load of ripe tomatoes before I start on the green tomato chutney

We've managed to get our 2 hayfields (front & back garden) chopped down today, thank goodness, I thought it was going to be next spring before they got cut!

Nicos, don't worry about studying the French, just listen to it in the background - it all makes much more sense when you're actually there! I studied Spanish at evening classes for a couple of years and felt like I was making no progress, til I stayed out there for a while and found I could get by with people who had no English, could shop, feed myself, get around on the bus etc. My favourite phrase was "Speak more slowly please" (Hablar mas despacio por favor), as they all speak like machine guns, even in English!

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                  I read that as rotwieler!
                  Could have used one of them last week got down plot and found some cretin had nicked half a row of carrots so pulled the rest up and they are now shivering in freezer
                  What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                  Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Hello MOM, how are you?

Comment

Oh Shirley, can't imagine that it was that bad - or did some dark fairy come in and do the cooking for you.
                      No dark fairy to blame. Just me being totally useless at cooking yorkshire puddings (not sure why but I have never managed it yet) and us having toad in the hole (well toad in the swamp) for dinner!
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

No dark fairy to blame. Just me being totally useless at cooking yorkshire puddings (not sure why but I have never managed it yet) and us having toad in the hole (well toad in the swamp) for dinner!
                        Oh, thank God Im not the only one who's no good at Yorkshire's. I blame the tins or the oven... or anything else I can think of 'cept meeself.

Comment

Ok...so WHAT is a good Yorkshire pudding??
                          My mother makes them like cardboard- and I make them greasy and stodgy ( to perfection according to my OH - and me)

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                            Could have used one of them last week got down plot and found some cretin had nicked half a row of carrots so pulled the rest up and they are now shivering in freezer
                            No room for carrots in my freezer it's full of beans & blackberry's
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Ok...so WHAT is a good Yorkshire pudding??
                              My mother makes them like cardboard- and I make them greasy and stodgy ( to perfection according to my OH - and me)
                              Grease and stodge - sounds like mine.

Comment

Hello MOM, how are you?
                                Better for seeing a bit of sunshine

You definately aren't the only one - mine are always terrible too My mum made lovely Yorkshire puds, but I've never got the hang of it! I think it's to do with how hot the fat is, and Ma always used solid fat (like Pura or something) which I never do. Maybe I should try it... Or just stick to Aunt Bessies

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X