No announcement yet.

Sunday - chat?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we've had a couple of frosty nights. You can't buy wood here for love nor money - a sure sign of a hard winter. So far, though we've had some pretty good sunny days.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Hi all, been fine here this weekend as well (makes a change) Got my hut shifted to let the chooks have more light and I've been foxproofing the run as there's been talk of a fox snooping about!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hey Snadger,

been following your chooks story - good for you, taking care of ex batts. I used to collect eggs from buttery hens to my shame so I know what a great job you are all doing.

Comment

We had the family over as we're off to France next Friday.
          Courgette and red onion soup
          Chicken with our own celeriac/onion/potato mash. Beetroot,carrots,leeks and gooseberry crumle- all from the lottie ( 'sept the chook!)
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'm begging to get fed up of runner beans, I've never had so many & I have given away so many!!
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

Oh Nicos,
              I'll bet you have some pretty mixed emotions about now - I know I did. Never looked back though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                We had the family over as we're off to France next Friday.
                Courgette and red onion soup
                Chicken with our own celeriac/onion/potato mash. Beetroot,carrots,leeks and gooseberry crumle- all from the lottie ( 'sept the chook!)
                Can't help you there nicos, aint much meat on mine as theyre bred to lay loads of eggs (like a machine) whilst not eating a lot. Doesn't matter how much I feed em they still don't seem to get any fatter!
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Mmmmm Gooseberry crumble - my favorite, I used all mine up ages ago

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                    I'm begging to get fed up of runner beans, I've never had so many & I have given away so many!!
                    Swap you for Frenchies

Comment

Hey - Scarey...do you think the wood demand is because of the massive increase in oil prices???
                      500E last year........ 700E this year for the same amount!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Hey - Scarey...do you think the wood demand is because of the massive increase in oil prices???
                        500E last year........ 700E this year for the same amount!!
                        Could be, but I notice on the other fourum that peeps are talking about using coal. A little tip though, we buy our oak from a parquet floor supplier and it works out much cheaper (about 20 €'s a stere)
                        Last edited by scarey55; 21-09-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
                          Swap you for Frenchies
                          I lost my first lot of runners due to frost & only started my second lot off in the last week of May I planted out 40 plants I think a tad Too many
                          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                            I lost my first lot of runners due to frost & only started my second lot off in the last week of May I planted out 40 plants I think a tad Too many
                            Perhaps that's a tip for all of us next year.

Comment

Going to shoot off now........may drop back in later!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Mixed emotions???.....hmmmm....too tired to even think about it!!
                                I'm dreaming about painting now...how sad is that????
                                We're on the last room- and then just hall /stairs/landing woodwork.
                                Then the lottie!!!...soooo much to do ( we're thinking of delaying by one day)

Got the Rosetta Stone French to study- so with that and my family tree- and the Vine- and the 10 pots of paint my OH has bought so I don't get bored..and the potager....should be nice and busy!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X