No announcement yet.

Rush home from school

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone remember the drama series Johnny Briggs, loved watching it, along with many already mentioned

Comment

Just remembered some programes I used to watch as a kid The Wooden Tops, Bill and Ben ( I even went in the carnival dressed as little weed ), Andy Pandy, all in black and white of course.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

We didn't have television as children, but is anyone old enough to remember "Quatermass and the Pit" and "Journey into Space" on the wireless?

Comment

I didn't have to rush home from school for this but I used to love watching Magpie, a type of magazine program similar to BBC's Blue Peter but I thought a lot better, more for the teenager at that time. In fact when I started work full time, I was quite upset that I wouldn't be able to see it anymore.

Also liked Ready Steady Go, much less wooden than Top of the Pops at that time.
          I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

The hillbilles was a favourite of mine I used to annoy my sisters cos they wanted to watch top of the pops.
            and ends with backache

Comment

Ooh yes! The Hillbillies! That was later on, though, wasn't it? Not after school?

I don't think I rushed home for anything, really, as Neighbours was on at 5:35, so no rush required! Thankfully, they now repeat it on fiver at 7pm, so I don't have to rush home from work, either

I hated Pob, though. The way he spat all over the camera made me feel sick, even as a kid! Loved Playschool, though and the Moomins! Was also quite partial to Tony Hart.

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                the Moomins! Was also quite partial to Tony Hart.
                Tony Hart ... Who???
                Stacey x ♫

Comment

Here you go Sluglobber...( and happybunny)

tony hart - Google Video
                  Last edited by Nicos; 22-09-2008, 09:13 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

When my son was small he used to want to get home for Trap Door with the voice over by Willie Rushden, totally off beat program. (OK it was more me that liked it)
                    I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

When my eldest son was at nursery school in the early 80's we had to rush back at lunchtime for his programs they were only on for about 20 mins and if we missed them he used to moan about missing them, until we got a vhs video recorder, peace in our house again.
                      and ends with backache

Comment

What about Trumpton and Camberwick Green?
                        The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                          What about Trumpton and Camberwick Green?
                          how did it go, pew, bue, barley magrew, cuthbert, dibble and grub!!! or something along those lines!!! LOL!!! And good old "Windy Miller" ha ha ha!! how funny where those names!!

loved them both and also HOW and Magpie as said earlier!!!!

In fact bring back old kids TV, cause its better than the pants which is on now!!!! Clangers, Moomims, Rainbow, Pipkins (loved Octavia the Ostrich), Hammy the Hamster on Tales of the Riverbank!

Them were the days!!

Comment

What about Rag,Tag & Bobtail?
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                              What about Rag,Tag & Bobtail?
                              or Fingerbobs??

Comment

you may consider me odd - no really, you may .....but I'd go out straight after school to play football or some such - didn't really like telly then, it hasn't changed now
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X