And 'they' wonder why!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
    If mistakes such as that are allowed to become the norm then written English will soon become completely meaningless.
    Oh, such language as doth sooth my ears. As a Welshman, I see no harm in this, language be it written or spoken is language all the same. You should see the average school register these days, and then tell me about spelling.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
      Oh, such language as doth sooth my ears. As a Welshman, I see no harm in this, language be it written or spoken is language all the same. You should see the average school register these days, and then tell me about spelling.
      Plus the Welsh have done perfectly well without vowels for ages, so txt spks the ntrl prgrshn.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

good grief - I post something about spelling, go out to a business meeting, come back and find you lot being all .....well, verbose
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
          good grief - I post something about spelling, go out to a business meeting, come back and find you lot being all .....well, verbose
          Swearing ain't going to help!

What would Vedder do?

Comment

You should see the average school register these days, and then tell me about spelling.
            When I had No.1 son there was a girl in the next ward who thought that Chlamydia sounded like a nice name.............
            Tx

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
              Plus the Welsh have done perfectly well without vowels for ages, so txt spks the ntrl prgrshn.
              Ah, you is confused there lad, we have more vowels than you. a,e,i,o,u,w,y.

And the following additional letters ch, dd, ff, ll, ng, ph, rh, and th. Some of which, are difficult, as you don't actually vocalise the same. If you have ever used a word with ng in I can guarantee you probably haven't pronounced it correctly, its like finger but take out fi and er, its right at the back of the throat almost like you are gagging.

Comment

Originally posted by tootles View Post
                When I had No.1 son there was a girl in the next ward who thought that Chlamydia sounded like a nice name.............
                It does have a certain ring to it.

Comment

Ah, you is confused there lad, we have more vowels than you. a,e,i,o,u,w,y.

And the following additional letters ch, dd, ff, ll, ng, ph, rh, and th. Some of which, are difficult, as you don't actually vocalise the same. If you have ever used a word with ng in I can guarantee you probably haven't pronounced it correctly, its like finger but take out fi and er, its right at the back of the throat almost like you are gagging.
                  If your fingers are at the back of your throat it's no wonder you're gagging!

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hahaha...ain't language lovely. There is so much more humour in the written word than the spoken.

Comment

I used to live just outside Llantwit Major Mikey - I could never get the cchhllll right unless I was being kicked out of the Mess late at night - in which case I could speak any language you would ask of me
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                        I used to live just outside Llantwit Major Mikey - I could never get the cchhllll right unless I was being kicked out of the Mess late at night - in which case I could speak any language you would ask of me
                        That would be St Athans then?

Comment

That would indeed be that thar St Athan place
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

I is not itillerate!

Comment

How long ago were you at St Athan Piskie? I have driven past the end of the runway countless times!

By the way - stick a toffee penny sweet (from a box of Quality Street) to the roof of your mouth and you will say Llanelli, Llanfallteg, Llandisillio etc (but perhaps not Machynlleth) with the best of them
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                                How long ago were you at St Athan Piskie? I have driven past the end of the runway countless times!

By the way - stick a toffee penny sweet (from a box of Quality Street) to the roof of your mouth and you will say Llanelli, Llanfallteg, Llandisillio etc (but perhaps not Machynlleth) with the best of them
                                Its a lot easier saying Machynlleth in your sleep, as your airway closes, and help get the raspiness of the ch.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X