No announcement yet.

I hate Tescos!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikeywills, you do get rechecked quite a bit at the start, and there is never any warning about when you will be rechecked (and it's always after they ask you if "everything scanned ok?"). If there are issues, they will either rescan a lot, or remove you from the service.

Our local tesco's now are after getting in self-scan tills though - which are a similar concept except that you can only do the scanning at the checkout and then pack the bags. I think there is a bit of supervision involved (1 person watching a number of tills and prbably more cctv cameras pointing at those ones), but I much prefer the Superquinn version.

Comment

I hate jammed stores with trolleys the size of SUVs and bitter/rude employees who insist on making snide comments.

The grocery store clerk told DH that we must have a bunch of big football players (The American kind) at the house to be eating that much!

Hope your head feels better.
      The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. -John Ruskin

http://wormsflowers.blogspot.com/

Comment

I hate Tesco's too and I work for them. lol I used to do the internet shopping for customers and I hope I got it right trouble is when its youngsters doing the shopping sometimes they dont know what some fruit and veg looks like and put alternatives in if out of stock.
        Most replenishing is done through the night, all boxes are broken down and put into cages.
        I hope when customers come through my till I give good service, what I cant stand is when people are on the mobile and refuse to end the call and expect you to pack it for them and then moan when you cant do it quick enough.
        I hate the self scanners with a vengence all four talk to you at once all need help at the same time I've only got one pair of hands, but am expected by the powers to be to work four tills at once, taking jobs away from four people.
        My rant over as someone on the inside.
        Not that I'm having a go at anyone on here, wouldnt dream of it.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

We have one of those Tesco Metro stores and everything is crammed in and the isles are so small and its in the city center and full of students and all I want to do is get what I need and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
            Oh boy I hate shopping too. I'm one of those rare females that doesn't do clothes shopping either

I'm a very calm person by nature (my car horn has been used maybe twice in the 5 year I've owned the car - quite good for the standard of driving round my way...)
            I've always hated shopping and it has got worse since everything has been taken over by huge chainstores who dictate our tastes. I hate the fact that I can't buy eg. sandals 'cos it's the wrong time of the year! 'Scuse me but we can travel all over the world to all types of climates in 24 hours.

As for the horn on my car, I found it by accident when I hit it with my elbow trying to manoeuvre an awkward bag out of the car.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by hooraynana View Post
              ...those people who meet for a chat in the middle of the aisle like on the busiest day of the week to discuss why they haven't seen each other for 5 years and reminisce -
              I like to drop little presents in the trollies of such people: something like KY Jelly or Imodium or Vaginal Itch Cream.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                I like to drop little presents in the trollies of such people: something like KY Jelly or Imodium or Vaginal Itch Cream.
                Two_Sheds that's sooooooooo naughty....................but brilliant

Have to say I shop in Sainsburys, because it's not as busy as Tesco and nowhere near as noisy.

Comment

2sheds...that is SOOOOO funny!!!!

*see twinkle in eye!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                    I
                    As for the horn on my car, I found it by accident when I hit it with my elbow trying to manoeuvre an awkward bag out of the car.
                    Lol! The few times I've used mine and I go to press an imaginary button to the right of the steering wheel. That's where the horn was on my Fiat Uno about 10 years ago
                    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Love it Two-Sheds!!

I absolutely hate shopping in any shape or form unless its for seeds or plants Dont do clothes shopping unless I have to, get my meat from a local farmer and my veggies when I dont have my own from a local farmshop, neither of which feels like real shopping (which is a waste of my precious time IMO). The loo roll and such is bought from the dreaded T but I must confess I do it online - dont care what type of loo roll I get as long as its cheap.

GCs and lovely little craft/local shops are great, again they dont feel like shopping, its the big municiples that drive me nuts. I get far tooo wound up by the Great Public and their habits - you all know what they are, dont need to list them or I'll set myself off
                      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

The best time to go food shopping is about 9:30pm on a Friday or Saturday. No kids (apart from the odd teenage chav) and lots of reduced food! I absolutely avoid Saturday shopping unless it's Waitrose and I'm desparate. When I do have to go at a busy time, I leave my trolley at the end of an aisle (not blocking food!) and go up each one in turn. I once heard some man say, 'Look at that! Another selfish cow abandoning her trolley.'

Of course, it would have made perfect sense to take my trolley into an aisle already blocked with many others, with a sprinkling of screaming brats (and that's just the adults) and vacant types. Yep! Late evenings only, for me! I just wish Waitrose was 24hrs!

Comment

I'd love to add my own experiences of supermarket hell, but perhaps we should all spend a little more time voting with our feet ?

Comment

Maf; that's exactly what we are going to do...my OH agreed last night - totally co-op and anything we can't get from there - sourced from local shops or we don't have it.

Can't believe he's agreed; so we'll put it into practice for a few months and see what happens.

Comment

My son has now left college and is working part time at sainsbury's. I get to hear some strange tales and he also hates the screaming kids.
                              Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                                Just been shopping, and I've decided - I hate Tescos!
                                So do I, which is why I go to Sainsbury's!
                                http://www.freewebs.com/notesfromtheplot/ **updated**

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X