No announcement yet.

I hate Tescos!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to work for a company supplying ALL the supermarkets in this country. They have the suppliers in a barrel. If someone complains about a product the supplier is "fined" £25 whether the complaint is justified or not. Eg someone complained that their parrot didn't like the peanuts.

I've tried ordering online but I really don't think Granny Smith's are a reasonable alternative to Braeburns or Cox's or that "Orange" Lucozade is acceptable as an alternative to original.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
      ....ps. i am nervous are you?????) lol)
      nope, not even a teeny bit - I don't know what gene I was given but honestly I lovelovelovelove meeting people and never ever get nervous at doing it ever and be assured I don't do 'awkward silences' ...however, Wayne ...remember the 'lost voice' ....it's not great at the mo
      Last edited by piskieinboots; 22-06-2008, 08:35 PM.
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
        Yeah, I'll be alright to drive. Besides, there's not much headroom in a Freelander!

Nervous? Me? Kackin' it!!

Get stretchin lass.
        and there was me getting the Hummer out of the garage just for you ha ha !

you got no chance getting in my sporty Aston then - ha ha i wish!!

I too am kacking it!!!! OMG what have we done!!!! seriously as long as i get a good lunch and non flat diet coke then everything will be ok !!

SS - see you in the morning! (rushes off to the loo to be sick)

Comment

Had to go to Sainsburys yesterday for necessities (loo roll, cat food) and noticed they had a 25% off sale on clothing so I went a bit mad on T shirts for the boy whilst hubby got himself some long combat shorts, rather optimistally in a size 36 waist - despite my rather rude sniggering.

Guess what, he had to go change them for a bigger size this morning

He said he'd never seen anything like it, the clothing aisles were a battlefield, heaving with grabbing desperate people, trolley ramming and fights breaking out. Said had he known what it would have been like, he would have gone a diet instead (fat chance......)

When I rule the world; screaming children (and those who treat the place as a playground) will be banned from supermarkets along with all families whose kids are under five from airplanes during peak holidays - especially those tots with superhuman lung capacity - rolled up newspaper anyone

Comment

I hate TESCO also - GRRR
            went yesterday and of 5 items on my list - 3 of them were off sale - surprising really that the more expensive similar items were full but tesco couldn't be bothered to replen value or healty living stuff -
            too busy shoving stuff you don't need/ want in your face
            oh and who are those people who meet for a chat in the middle of the aisle like on the busiest day of the week to discuss why they haven't seen each other for 5 years and reminisce - GO TO THE COFFEE SHOP and stop blocking the aisles
            cor thanks for letting me vent that rage
            sorry about your head wayne !! you must be v.tall

Comment

AND also those who decide to take up the aisle for several minutes while they scrutinise the label on a tin and discuss it. AND those who put their trolley in such a position that only they can fill a bag with carrots/tomatoes/onions and noone else can - if they'd put the trolley sideways on two or three others could also pick their veggies.

AND those who go in mob-handed with the whole family and no matter how often you ask, get louder and eventually scream "excuse me" take no notice.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

Hope Mrs HW is feeling better?

Oh boy I hate shopping too. I'm one of those rare females that doesn't do clothes shopping either

I'm a very calm peron by nature (my car horn has been used maybe twice in the 5 year I've owned the car - quite good for the stadard of driving round my way...) but I get very bad 'Trolly Rage' and Mr Shortie is now used to it and leaves me to it. He even chuckles It's the ditherers and rudenes, and 'I need to take up the whole ailse' attitude that bugs me. Oh, and the 'I like to walk one way and look the other' - oops didn't see you there but will glare at you for the fact I wasn't looking where I was going... But why?? I don't get wound up when peopl pull out on me in the car, o why worry when I'm in a hop, trolley or not?

I don't dare go shopping just before Christmas and get as much as I possibly can as as far in advance as I can
                Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

As a female I hate cloth shopping too, unfortunately I have two useless 'boys' who can't even buy their own underpants

The internet has been a godsend, especially for sourcing different (ethical)clothing.

Comment

What about the person with a trolley at the hand basket or 5 items or less till.
                    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

I don't hate them, I shop in asda on a Sunday which is generally one of the busiest days of the week. Me and my DD, OH refuses to come! DD sits in the trolley and packs things for me, and we generally giggle, and sing songs all the way round.

The aisles are always too busy, far too many people in them, the youngsters on the checkout always throw the things through too quickly so you struggle to keep up, there is always little there that I need, but loads that I want!!, its just one of those things, shopping has to be done when you have time on your hands. The more impatient you are, the more everyone around you, will annoy you. I like Sundays personally as, at around 2.30 all manner of things get priced down.
                      Last edited by Mikey; 23-06-2008, 09:32 AM.
                      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                        What about the person with a trolley at the hand basket or 5 items or less till.
                        that will be me then ....... and even worse, is when the nut job at the hand basket till, with a trolley, lets all the stuff go through .......... then realises she hasn't got her card to pay for said groceries ....... whoopsssssss

Comment

The supermarket that I tend to use most weeks has a great system - when you have signed up for it, you can scan your loyalty card at a machine just inside the entrance and collect a hand-held scanner. Go around the supermarket, packing your reusable bags as you go (and most people now reuse here anyway especially since the charge per bag went up to 22c - that;s about 15p) and hand over the scanner to the girl at the dedicated till with your loyalty card, car parking ticket (to get the charges dropped for shopping in their shop) and money. Every once in a while, you have to get "rescanned" - taking out all the shopping onto another dedicated till with a belt and it is done as normal. But if you are doing it a lot, and your rescans tend to match your original scanning, you don't get stopped like that very often (I think I have been rescanned once in the last 12 months).

That, and going very early on a saturday or sunday morning (like - getting in the door by 10am or so) makes it, not quite a pleasure but not half so much of a chore as previously.

Comment

I think there is a level of trust issue there winged one, I can never see Tescos opting for such a scheme, for fear of dishonest patrons. Every little helps.
                            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                              I shop in asda
                              Actually, now you say that it's made me think a bit more. I actually quite like Asda and am okay with Sainsburys too. It's just Tescos (all the ones I use) that seems to have the worst customers in them. Sorry if I offend anyone saying that, none meant seeing as I'm a Tesco customer too..

If I lived nearer to our 'local' Asdas it'd be my shop of choice but ours isn't very near at all so we can't often justify the trip
                              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Hate the car parks, why dont they make spaces bigger...... Soon they will be able to boat 1000 spaces all at 1foot wide!!!!!! makes me mad when someone hits my door with theirs cos spaces are just so bleddy small!
                                Rant over - promise

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X