No announcement yet.

Sweets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory V's of old! when eating too many made you feel a little odd????

Floral gums! sweet tobacco -
    Mint cracknell.....how many times did I stab my mouth on that stuff!

Been trying to find a fave sweet of my past

they were about 1" by 1" and 1/4 inch thick (flat squares)
    lemon, lime, orange and possibly cherry in flavour
    sort of soapy, kinda sherbetty, powder'y like a giant but softer refesher ? they had a waxed wrapper and were sold individually. I used to gnaw at them on the school bus! Mum would have had a fit!
    Last edited by Headfry; 18-06-2008, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Parma violets when I had to buy my own with pocket money. (Called 'Spends' in Manchester in those days - does what it says on the tin!) When it was Christmas or my birthday I used to ask for Newberry Fruits - I just loved the liquid centres.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Midget gems (but NOT the black ones!) and those green/black stripy sucky sweets with sherbetty stuff inside .... it'll come to me in a bit! Pear drops too ....
        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Did you see that Wham bars are being marketed for Fathers Day gifts? THey were great... are they still making them? Love sherbet dib-dabs too.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I was going to say wham bars, and midget gums, god how my jaws survived I'll never know. Used to like the red string aswell can't remember what that was called. Anyone remember the space saucers, as you can see I liked things that made me pull a face.
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

you can still get flying saucers ..... and red shoe laces

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                you can still get flying saucers ..... and red shoe laces
                Its one of those things for me, as a child I hated cauliflower, carrots, cabbage etc (though not sprouts strangely!), but as I have matured along with my tastebuds, I cannot understand why I covered them in about 4" of ketchup as a kid.

I guess the reverse would be true now for sweets, I would not want to spoil my childhood memories of wham bars, or flying saucers. As they say in Back to the future, if you go back you could upset the space time continuum, and I aint got no flux capacitor. Memories are there to be rose tinted.

Ooh, those sweeties in a tin, looked like a tune covered in icing sugar, the ones me nan always had, you could pick them up from pharmacies god knows why!!.
                Last edited by Mikey; 18-06-2008, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Ooh, those sweeties in a tin, looked like a tune covered in icing sugar, the ones me nan always had, you could pick them up from pharmacies god knows why!!.[/QUOTE]

Lol - I remember those - my nan always bought me back a tin when she'd been down to Selsey in the caravan!!! And those glass jars of humbugs tha'd all be stuck together!!!

Comment

Travel sweets? you can still get them!

Comment

ooooooooo Kola Cubes & Pineapple cubes, rosey apples and sherbert lemons!

those are all my fav's! Oh and those sweet peanuts that make you cough when you have eaten a couple!!

Comment

Ah kola cubes, wouldn't be allowed today on account of the fact they more often than not cut your mouth to shreds. They were like sucking on a square block of sandpaper.
                        Last edited by Mikey; 18-06-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

thats a bit like acid drops. after a couple of them you could feel the layers of skin on the roof of your mouth turn to mush. fantastic!

rosy apples - yum
                          Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                          Bob Dylan

Comment

suck to many and how sore does your mouth get!

Comment

Anything really sour so they make your mouth shrivel up!
                              Jane,
                              keen but (slightly less) clueless
                              http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Old English Spangles, Mmmmmm.... was only talking about them yesterday.
                                Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X