No announcement yet.

Sweets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the Aztec bar can't remember who made it?
    All I remember was that I couldn't get enough of em.
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Fruit salads and black jacks, sherbert dips and those sherbetty lollies

Comment

Sherbet pips, fizzy fish and space dust.

For anyone wanting to rot their teeth, have a look here
        http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

What a great site, american hard gums, chewing nuts, floral gums, blackcurrant and liquorice, murray mints, love hearts, chocolate limes, strawberry sherbets, edible paper, anglo bubbly bubblegums, fruit salads, space dust. Just about every sweet I can remember as a kid.

Cheers HappyMouffe.
          Last edited by Mikey; 18-06-2008, 08:43 PM.
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

all of the above!!!! forgot about a few of them until now!

Comment

Chocolate limes or those liquorice and blackcurrent ones! yum yum! haven't eaten sweets since I was a child - prefer chocolate!
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

sweet necklaces were a fave of mine.till i realized i was walking round with a pink throat! and fizzy cola bottles, the really sour ones. ooh ooh sherbet from a jar in a paper bag, phworr!i must have been the luminous kid after that though.really big wham bars y'know, filling removers they were.why've they all shrunk?

Comment

wher to begin?!parma violets,foam bananas,shrimps,candy stix&those choc paper covered "ciggies",marshmallow,fruitpastiles but better than them american hardgums,ooh those little choc cups(think they were called ice cups?)the thick shoelace things with a fondant type filling,fried eggs....& M.G dont my teeth know it!!nearly forgot butterscotch!think the only sweetie i dont like is mint imperials!(my mum used to constantly have a bag in her handbag & they'd absorb the odour of her whitemusk perfume!never been able to face 1 since!)
                  the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

mmmm nearly forgot those litle choc covered toffees(not poppets although they nice too!)we used to call them "dobbles"but dont know if that was their genuine name?

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                      mmmm nearly forgot those litle choc covered toffees(not poppets although they nice too!)we used to call them "dobbles"but dont know if that was their genuine name?
                      Chewing nuts, maybe, the chocolate was always pants, but I couldn't get enough of the jaw sticking toffee.
                      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

thats the one!:

Comment

Ohhh I've just remembered Peanut Brittle not the stuff you get today but the one that used to break yer teeth!!!
                          The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

popping candy,not so much the taste but memories!bit naughty i know but we used to mix it in with the posh lumpy sugar at coffeshop/bar we used to go to & then watch amused when unknowing peeps spooned it in their coffee!!oh to be young again!!

Comment

I used to buy fishermans friends on my way to the park after school,I loved them dont know why.
                              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                              and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                                I used to buy fishermans friends on my way to the park after school,I loved them dont know why.
                                Yeah and what about Victory V's!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X