Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where are we all going on holiday this year?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully Rome in July (a friends 60th) and a cruise round the Med in November .

I also need to go to Cumbria to see the family at some time and odd weekends visiting friends. Oh, and I crew for a friend some weekends as he has a canal boat and his wife can no longer steer the boat nor do the locks.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

French house

But...I do think I should insist to myself that it will not be a working holiday!

Problem is that when you know a lot of the locals are likely to pop in at any minute for a drink and a natter , I'm a lot less willing to have a lie in in the mornings nor display the flab to the sun ( hopefully) in a way I'd not be bother about if I were somewhere where no-one else would ever see me again!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

2 weeks on isle of white in my caravan site has entertainment and caberate everynight, swimming pools, childrens play areas, restaurants and a costal path from site straight to the beach all this for 2 weeks including ferry crossing and electric hook up for £205 first 2 weeks of july, went last year and loved it also having a weekend in scarborough and mablethorpe this month. garden watering covered while away

Comment

Don't yet know. It will be hitch up the caravan and drive!!
          www.smokedfoodsdirect.co.uk

Comment

6 weeks in new york!
            blue411, seeing as you seem to be the expert, know any places i really shouldn't miss seeing?

Comment

Going down the caravan at brean, sited the tourer as if we toured we would be divorced by now!

Comment

Camping in North Wales (Abersoch) at the August Bank Holiday....

Comment

Camping in New Forest next week!
                  cant wait
                  cant wait
                  cant wait,
                  But please let it be peaceful, sometimes it can be awful when the kids are there en masse, one to many frizzbes thrown at our car, and parents who sit right outside our tent getting drunk and loud- they didn't want to wake their kids - so sat 4 feet from out tent!!!!!!
                  That sounds bad - sorry - I like kids and it's a great place for kids. Just wish the camp site owners would have a quiet corner for us types who want peace, quiet and to watch nature! Just hope we have picked a school week.

Do you know of a really quiet, pretty site that has toilets/showers?

Comment

nothing planned for me this year. I've been pretty spoilt in last couple of years - New York and Spain several times (have friends there!!) This year is a year for the house - needs painted outside and some other things done. My daughter is going to Tenerife with her dad for a couple of weeks, so I guess that also consitutes a holiday...for me that is!!! I'm off next week, but plan to do nothing, just chill...needing it! Hope everyone enjoys what they've got planned this year!

D x
                    "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

We're off to Menorca in 10 days for a well deserved break, taking my folks with us. Can't wait, hurray!!!
                      I expect later in the year we'll have a few camping trips, maybe a rainbow camp.
                      Up to Scotland in August to see the outlaws.
                      My lickle sis is moving to Geneva in July so we'll hopefully get over to see her too at some point!
                      This is unusual! Last year we had a couple of camping trips, year before a week in Looe, year before nout!
                      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

France - on motorbike (eeeeeeeeeeeee) to see pal Helen on way to staying with Scareys
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

Same as I do every year - 2x Whitby Goth Weekends ('though wed-wed, so weeks is more accurate).

This Oct though, we'll be missing half of it for my sister's wedding in Edinburgh - I'd complain if I wasn't getting a lovely bridesmaid's outfit and a trip up for the fitting during the Festival

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                            France - on motorbike (eeeeeeeeeeeee) to see pal Helen on way to staying with Scareys
                            Aah, best stay at home in August then Having said that, we don't like having holidays any more - we usually tear ourselves away a couple of times a year for family events (weddings etc) back in UK but can't wait to get home again. How things change, before we lived here we couldn't wait for our annual hols.
                            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                              Camping in New Forest next week!
                              cant wait
                              cant wait
                              cant wait,
                              But please let it be peaceful, sometimes it can be awful when the kids are there en masse, one to many frizzbes thrown at our car, and parents who sit right outside our tent getting drunk and loud- they didn't want to wake their kids - so sat 4 feet from out tent!!!!!!
                              That sounds bad - sorry - I like kids and it's a great place for kids. Just wish the camp site owners would have a quiet corner for us types who want peace, quiet and to watch nature! Just hope we have picked a school week.

Do you know of a really quiet, pretty site that has toilets/showers?

We stayed at a beautiful place in Norfolk called the Brick Kilns. The site was stunning. There was plenty of room between pitches and the showers and toilets were spotless. Theres a small fishing lake on the site and the restaurant was outstanding. There was a well stocked shop on the site and they baked their own bread fresh every day. Heres a link to their website

The Old Brick KIlns

Comment

Thanks NG I will have a peep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X