Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where are we all going on holiday this year?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am off to Mygate! yep my back gate, trouble is with working in a school and hubby having an important job, but next year it will be visiting my sis in New Zealand!!

But in the past 2 years have been to Thailand and THe Gambia, so cant complain!

SS

Comment

We probably won't be able to fit in a family holiday this year - eldest lad is off to the states for the summer working as a chef, daughter is going to Florida with her friend in August, youngest lad is going to Spain with the school in October. Hubby and I had a short break in Prague in Feb, we're off to house in France the week after next for 4 days taking my mum and I'm going to south of France with a friend in September. Oh I nearly forgot, hubby is taking his dad to South Carolina for 2 weeks golf in November. Am hoping to maybe get away camping in August, but will depend on the weather

Comment

Off to Milan on Thursday for a long weekend the a week in Devon in a caravan really looking forward to the breaks but like everyone else worried about me veg (coz daddy won't be there to water them will he) yep really think i need a break.
        all the best Phattaff
        It's not the size of the dog in the fight
        It's the size of fight in the dog

Comment

The Plot again and a few days on shell island
          Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
          Dobby

Comment

We are going to Wales for 7 days..
            Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Lets see.

Staying in UK this year after taking the family for a week in Paris last year.

Main holiday is Centre Parcs (Sherwood Forest) in Oct half term.

But will also be in no particular order:
              camping in North York Moors with brother in law and family
              Tynemouth for weekend of Great North Run (after 5 years as runner I am going to spectate this year)
              Cornwall to visit Eden Project finally! and to celebrate tenth wedding anniversary

also hope to fit in a long weekend visiting near London
              and a long weekend visiting friends on the Cumbrian coast.

We are looking to have an extension to our house this year into next so we have had to forego a holiday abroad this year. However looking at the list above we would struggle to find time for one!

Comment

I am off to Mygate! yep my back gate, trouble is with working in a school and hubby having an important job, but next year it will be visiting my sis in New Zealand!!

But in the past 2 years have been to Thailand and THe Gambia, so cant complain!

SS

Comment

You will like it at the Eden Project we went in August last year and I would like to go in different seasons.
                  Check when you get there if they still offer return visits for free if you add your details on the internet,( lots of computers around ) we did and could go back foe free.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                    You will like it at the Eden Project we went in August last year and I would like to go in different seasons.
                    Check when you get there if they still offer return visits for free if you add your details on the internet,( lots of computers around ) we did and could go back foe free.
                    Thanks for the advice

Will be going in Mid September. Unfortunately we may only get one go at it. We live about 8 hours away.

Although we are staying a few days there is the Lost Garden of Heligan to see as well.

I am really looking forward to it. I had the pleasure of hearing a talk by Tim Smit a year or so before it opened. It sounded outstanding even before it opened.

The only reason we have not been before is the distance.

Comment

I'd recommend the Eden Project, we went last year not long after the Egg was installed and we've got the cards that allow us to go back for free (or some reduced rate). The allotment bit is kinda cool.

Someone recommended the Lost Gardens of Heligan to me, but we ran out of time last time we were down that way.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

What's a holiday ?
                        I'm off to Belfast on Friday for a wedding, back on Sunday and that's me for the year !
                        I'm not complaining - love my job, but I think the wife is getting a bit p*ssed at the hours I'm doing at the moment - in the region of 100 per week at the moment !!
                        Rat

British by birth
                        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Were off to France in mid June and are going again in August but to the aude region then. Hopefully January will bring a week or two in Goa or Kerala.

Comment

Have not been on holiday since 2004. In July I'm going to Bulgaria for two weeks, can't wait. Anyone else been to Bulgaria?
                            Last edited by seed addiction; 13-05-2008, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Camping with our Grandson, it will be his first time, but he's the sort to appreciate the great outdoors so he should love it. We haven't decided where though yet, but it will probably not be far as we don't want to be stuck in the car for hours with him. We've been to a farm in Flamborough before and might go there as it will be ideal for a toddler. Unfortunately this was also our old dog's favourite place in the whole world and there might be too many memories for me there (also my OH might insist that the old boy's favourite beach might be a good place to scatter his ashes and I'm not ready for that yet either) So at the moment I'm undecided, but thinking about the Lake District. The great thing about camping being that you don't actually have to decide until you're in the car with a map.

By the way, why do so many Grapes go camping? Normally when I mention it elsewhere I get exactly the same response 'Oh no, I couldn't, I like my home comforts'
                              Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                                By the way, why do so many Grapes go camping? Normally when I mention it elsewhere I get exactly the same response 'Oh no, I couldn't, I like my home comforts'
                                Camping? Well....
                                1) We have 2 dogs, and like to take them on holiday with us... camping or renting a pet-friendly cottage is really the only option

2) We can't afford to go on a "real holiday" as my mum and sister call them....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X