Text Talk

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
    text talk is used to cut words short, I think you get some 150 letters to a text message-go over that and you get charged for 2nd message- rip off, I say!
    By using text talk you can say more in your one message!
    Why don't phone companies increase number of letters you are allowed in each message.
    The clue is in the name - Short Message Service

KK

Comment

hmmmm true!

Comment

text talk is used to cut words short, I think you get some 150 letters to a text message-go over that and you get charged for 2nd message- rip off, I say!
        Why don't phone companies increase number of letters you are allowed in each message.
        That's all right for mobiles, but being that length of message matters not on the vine I would be grateful if people would refrain from using it.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots
          I haven't seen many people using it on here - maybe I missed it?
          There are one or two who for instance use r instead of are u instead of you and others I can't remember at the moment.
          Brian Clough

Comment

They cannot Headfry. The signalling protocols allow 160 ASCII charachters. No more unfortunately. Go over that with your GPRS/3G phone and you enter into a MMS or a second SMS.
            Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
            Cut your engines, cool your wings,
            You've taken me home...

Comment

I haven't seen many people using it on here - maybe I missed it?
              They were such short messages everybody missed them...
              Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
              Cut your engines, cool your wings,
              You've taken me home...

Comment

Thanks madmax i can understand now.
                ps I also hate text spelling!

Comment

I can't stand people using text speak and do struggle with some of the abreviations that people use. There are a number of people who use it on here and it annoys me but then again things I do probably annoy them.

Re the spell check thing - yes I know it exists but I can't use it at work, don't know why but am guessing it's a security thing. Mind you, I might lose out there, but I don't get the ads either so that's a bonus!!!!!!!!!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    I can't stand people using text speak and do struggle with some of the abreviations that people use. There are a number of people who use it on here and it annoys me but then again things I do probably annoy them.

Re the spell check thing - yes I know it exists but I can't use it at work, don't know why but am guessing it's a security thing. Mind you, I might lose out there, but I don't get the ads either so that's a bonus!!!!!!!!!
                    The spell check only works if a word is wrongly spelt but not if it is the wrong word.
                    there are one or two that are often used on the vine.
                    ie there or their
                    two or too or to
                    check or cheque
                    tongue or tong
                    There are others.
                    Last edited by bubblewrap; 18-03-2008, 05:35 PM.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                      The spell check only works if a word is wrongly spelt but not if it is the wrong word.
                      there are one or two that are often used on the vine.
                      ie there or their
                      two or too or to
                      check or cheque
                      tongue or tong
                      There are others.
                      Shouldn't it be eg then, rather than ie?

(I'm hoping someone, somewhere likes a smart @rse)

KK
                      Last edited by scared55; 18-03-2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scared55 View Post
                        Shouldn't it be eg then, rather than ie?

(I'm hoping someone, somewhere likes a smart @rse)

KK
                        I stand corrected there was more than one and I don't now the abbreviation those are.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

if that smart@arse plies me and he with red wine in August I'll like him
                          You're on.

Comment

Originally posted by scared55 View Post
                            Yes, I suppose starting as Analyst/Programmer in 1983 and retiring as Systems Consultant in 2005 would count as new to computers.!
                            Yep I was right then.....LOL.....

Just to upset you more....PWNED U NEWB.....I Z L33T.

And before everyone starts a full on flame war....I hope this is taken as a bit of banter.
                            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                              I stand corrected there was more than one and I don't now the abbreviation those are.
                              I think those abbreviations are mixed up more often than they are not.

e.g. and i.e. are both Latin abbreviations. Both introduce additional information, but e.g. offers an example while i.e. explains or rewords. If you can replace the abbreviation with "for example," use e.g. If you can replace it with "in other words" or "that is," use i.e.

KK

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                                Yep I was right then.....LOL.....

Just to upset you more....PWNED U NEWB.....I Z L33T.

And before everyone starts a full on flame war....I hope this is taken as a bit of banter.
                                Not upset NOG. I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say!

KK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X