Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont suppose I will be welcome here much longer!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow - thanks guys. I'll take you up on that SarzWix if I may, as you were the first to offer! I'll PM you my address - do you need a nice new pair of long-handled loppers?!

Paulottie, I have an April (launch) issue (still bagged, and with free book!) and a June '05 which you are welcome to. No spare May or July though PM me and I'll post them.

Thanks for your offer too, Lainey Lou.

Sorry for hijacking Crichmond! You're not leaving after a response like this though, surely?
    Resistance is fertile

Comment

You're Welcome Paul, Sarzwix's copy will be better than my trimmed and doodled copy!
      Isn't everyone nice here! Gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling!

See Chris, yous gotta stay!
      Last edited by lainey lou; 12-03-2008, 01:08 PM.
      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Chris, I'm sure no one would mind if you carried on posting on here. I think a lot of people on here have never even seen the mag. let alone bought it! I don't subscribe but buy nearly every issue so I suppose I'm losing out in some ways but I like to buy from the shops so that I'm not wondering if it's lost in the post or going to be squashed to death if it's got a cover mount gift & is forced through the letterbox!
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I don't subscribe. And I have bought ......the other mag....[in the past]. say no more. I did use their forum for sometime but I must say you are all much more friendly. So confession over.
          Last edited by shirley; 12-03-2008, 01:15 PM.
          Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Ditto Shirley... !

Comment

Chris - I would just reiterate what everyone else has said so, please keep on posting and being a part of the Forum. You are obviously not wanting to share the problem with us, but as Paul says, if it is a subscription issue, that is handled outwith the GYO editorial team.

If it would help please PM me to discuss as I would be far happier if the situation could be resolved (if that is at all possible?)
              ~
              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by crichmond View Post
                Because ive told them that im not renewing my subscription, despite it being the best mag on the market, and probably the best forum as well but I have my reasons.
                Whatever gave you the idea that you won't be allowed to continue with the forum for non-renewal of your subscription. Believe me, you're still needed to get this GYO community going and just by posting you're still contributing and helping the forum to help promote the magazine and its subscriptions.
                Food for Free

Comment

What's a subscription then????????????????????
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Chris - altho I subscribe now I didnt when I first found this fantastic site. You know you'd miss us, really honest you would!! AND we'd miss you so please dont go ....
                    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Hi Chris,

I'm the managing director of the company that publishes GYO and produces this site and forum.

I just wanted to say that contrary to what Paul said, your email has found its way to me and has been communicated to key members of staff on the mag.

I shall attempt to drop you a line tomorrow if that's ok.

In the meantime, although I'd love it if you all subscribed, there is no rule that you have to do so to use these forums, so dont worry about that score - everyone is welcome as long as we follow the simple rules of respecting each other.

This site is going from strength to strength and all you Grapes are doing such an amazing job with your advice, and friedliness that our visitor levels are going up and up and up. Now, I dont want to scare you, but did you know that in Feb we had over 44,000 people reading these forums! So, for every person who replies to your post there are a thousand others reading it!

And whilst I'm here, I've got to say a big thanks to the mods we have on this site, who are second to none! I'll also try and catch up with you tomorrow as well.

Right, they told me I could only come out of the basement for ten minutes to say hello. So I'd best be off. Good night all.
                      Last edited by Matt Tudor; 12-03-2008, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Night, Matt Tudor. Thanks for confirming that you don't have to subscribe to (or even buy) the magazine to join and enjoy the forum.

Comment

Hi Matt Tudor

Thanks very much for the reply and I look forward to your email, glad to hear the site is growing in popularity as it really is a great site.
                          But be warned popular sites have a tendency to grow more and more popular, a forum I used to own and ran for ham radio started off with a handfull of members and at the time I handed the site over to its new owners it was getting around 5 million hits a month equating to around 300 thousand individual users per month, not bad for a site started as a hobby for a hobby.

And I admit you mods do an excellent job moderating the site I know first hand how big a job it can be keeping us lot under control.

Cheers Chris
                          Last edited by crichmond; 12-03-2008, 07:05 PM.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

I'm a Scot. In exile.
                            Although I have lost my native land, I have not lost my meanness.

I'm afraid I have only purchsed one copy of this excellent magazine but the website is full of banter and useful information and no bad language and lots of wimmin.
                            What more can a man want? (Unless it's free drink?)
                            :-)

Comment

Oh Chris,
                              You're always needed on GYO and very helpful with your advice please dont leave please keep on posting and being a part of the Forum.
                              Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Tudor View Post
                                Hi Chris,

This site is going from strength to strength and all you viners are doing such an amazing job with your advice,
                                Hi

Grapes is the correct term to use!

Viners sounds a little too much like winers.

T

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X