Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont suppose I will be welcome here much longer!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scared55 View Post
    What is this magazine everyone is talking about?

KK
    Why, the very cheek of it!

Grow Your Own and the Grapevine are obviously linked, but you don't have to buy the mag to post here, any more than you have to post here to buy the mag!

Obviously the publishers would like to see the 'vine acting as a shop window for the mag, but most of us involved 'lower down the ladder' are just happy that people are interested.

If you've written to the subs department Crichmond I doubt the mag staff will even hear about it - so grouch away as much as you like

TonyF old boy, I have lots of spare back issues if you can think of a way I can get them to you? Is the post expensive?

Likewise, if anyone has April '06 I would dearly love to get hold of a copy.... it's the only one I don't have
    Resistance is fertile

Comment

"Baby please don't go!"

I've had a niggle or two about the mag recently and so far no-one's come round to put me windows in! We're something else (Not sure if that makes us sound good or awful?) so stick with us?
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hey Chris I think this is just a cover-up on your part, you've been busted by the ol' Bill haven't you? They saw your leccy bill and came round and took your 'toys' away - now you're too embarrassed to tell us you'll be posting from 'Inside' and your growing regime will be sadly curtailed!!!

Am I right?!!? Lol! don't go Chris, things are bound to get better! As someone else mentioned, magazine, what magazine?
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

i dont subscribe to the magazine through the publishers, there is a website that gives you a huge reduction in the costs, which is ongoing, no time limits, the first 6 months was 50% off then further issues also have a reduction, i currently pay about £2 per issue. so that's me in trouble as well then
          Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
          Bob Dylan

Comment

Interesting, the first copy I have is August 05 (just says August issue) I think, When was the first issue then?

Personally(without being a bighead) I find GYO a bit repetitive and simplistic these days...did he really say that... It maybe time to have a couple of more in depth articles in there as well...No doubt I'll be edited, black-balled and barred for that heresy

I don't suggest it become like 'the garden,' which is guaranteed to have the same effect as valium on me, (but is useful to refer to). I just think it is equally important to encourage newbies as to share more in depth research and knowledge.

My point being: the quality of information, and my interest, in the vine often outstrips that I find in the magazine, but I am prepared to continue my subscription just to support this site....No Mag=no vine. I believe in free access but at the same time I can afford to pay, so I do...If I could get as much value and pleasure for 10p a day as I do here elsewhere it would probabably be illegal anyway!

I don't know why they have offended you Chris (may I say your being a smidge coy), but I do hope you can work it out.

Comment

I have bought the mag once or twice, but don't find it anywhere near as valuable as this forum. (that's also true of other mags I DO subscribe to)

Please don't go!
              Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Originally posted by Paulottie View Post
                Interesting, the first copy I have is August 05 (just says August issue) I think, When was the first issue then?
                The first issue was April '05, though there was one 'dummy' mag produced before that to convince the distributors it was a good idea.

I've just realised it's April '07 I'm after, not '06.
                Resistance is fertile

Comment

I might have April '07 - I've never thrown a single one away
                  I'll have a look for you Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Wagland View Post

I've just realised it's April '07 I'm after, not '06.
                    Now, you sure it's April you're after Paul?
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I'm gonna have to go and check now!

Yes, 'tis April '07 for sure. Thanks Sarah, how exciting!
                      Resistance is fertile

Comment

So Its HaHaHappy 3rd birthday to GYO then

Comment

I'd love to source April05- July05 if you have any Paul

Comment

Chris, I agree here with PW.... you don't need to subscribe to GYO to be a member of t'vine
                            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I have a copy of April 07 you're welcome to Paul. Craig actually has short hair! It does have a small picture of an artichoke cut out of it (school project) and a little doodle, but it's yours if you would like it, just PM me!
                              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Wagland View Post
                                I'm gonna have to go and check now!

Yes, 'tis April '07 for sure. Thanks Sarah, how exciting!

Found it Paul , PM me your address if you me to send it? Or I can have a go at scanning it if it's only an article you want?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X