X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I wondered when I read that how many peeps would know what it meant
    Some folks liive shelteted lives
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
      Some folks liive shelteted lives
      Sheltered life here .....but curiousity won out, had to find out.

Comment

I'm not that curious and I'm assuming its swiping a screen but since I've never got the hang if that either........!

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          I 'd never heard of this and had to goggle it. Is that for real?!

Totally agree CTM.

Rary, this is a gardening forum, not social media, we're not (most of us) teenagers desperate to be liked because we spend so much time online we have no other friends. I'm sure nobody keeps count of likes here. .
          I know there is no need to keep count of likes, the forum keeps count for you
          I also live a sheltered life
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Rary, you're the most wonderful young man I've ever met.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
              I do feel for anyone who gauges themselves by them beyond competitive or just nosey, because that is where good old fashioned talking should actually come in.
              The first part of your quote is the reason why I posted "don't take offence because I don't tick"
              I am in favour f the second part, good old fashioned talking
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Rary, you're the most wonderful young man I've ever met.
                That qoute really tested me for a "like" as it is a nice honest and accurate quote, and evedently comes from the hhh+h

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                  Sheltered life here .....but curiousity won out, had to find out.
                  I didn't know either but now I do

I'm not on facebook or any other social media so most trends just pass me by.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    I didn't know either but now I do

I'm not on facebook or any other social media so most trends just pass me by.
                    It's a dating website Bren, swipe right if you like the look of them or left if you don't.

Comment

No wonder I didn't know! Who needs a dating website when they have their own calendar?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        It's a dating website Bren, swipe right if you like the look of them or left if you don't.
                        Seems a bit mean and unnecessary to swipe left.

Why hurt someone's feelings for nothing?

First I'd heard of this too, BTW. My life is sheltered
                        Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Hmm, its their choice to put themselves on there? But I suppose you could be kind, swipe right on everyone and see someone new seven day a week?

Comment

Disclaimer

For the record, and in the unlikely case mrs quanglewangle ever strays onto this forum, I deny any first hand experience of swiping right.

I came to know about it since it seemed to be the dominant activity among my students in lectures on such riveting topics as Algorithms Underpinning Asymmetric Cryptosystems
                            Last edited by quanglewangle; 11-01-2020, 09:35 PM. Reason: style
                            I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

If they swiped left and right equally it would be Symmetric cryptosystems, i assume?

Please don't try to explain - I haven't a clue about anything!

Comment

Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
                                For the record, and in the unlikely case mrs quanglewangle ever strays onto this forum, I deny any first hand experience of swiping right.

I came to know about it since it seemed to be the dominant activity among my students in lectures on such riveting topics as Algorithms Underpinning Asymmetric Cryptosystems
                                And yes we believe you

Though I must say it's good to know I am not the only one that treads lightly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X