No announcement yet.

No more likes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rary I care even less about the prima donnas that get offend by not getting a like !!!!

Life is to bl@@dy short ........... hold on that’s a different thread

Comment

It's not as if a like is a swipe right.
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."
      ∃

Comment

I really don’t see what all the fuss is about, rary if you don’t want to give a like then don’t, but I don’t think we all need to know whether you do or don’t. It’s up to the individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          I like giving like so much that I've given everyone in this thread one
          I started to do that as well, but. as in real life, I couldn't follow it through to the bitter end!
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

OMG. I could get (even more) paranoid now.....looking at who is giving ( or not giving ) me likes now.
            To tell the truth I've never really thought about it before, and the likes I give can be pretty random. Sometimes I just scroll through a thread quickly and don't even think of it.

Let's just chat, learn new things and enjoy the (virtual) company.

Comment

I tend to "like" fairly sparingly: if a post is helpful, if a post is cool (i.e. wildlife pictures or a good build), or if it makes me choke on my tea laughing.

I haven't pressed the "like" button on Facebook since I found out it tracks what you "like". If I like something enough I write "I like this" under the post. But it has to be good to warrant that sort of effort. These are my top two:

1. Mary-Ann: "Does the 10 second rule apply to soup?"

2. Paul, accompanied by selfie in Stephansplatz: "This means nothing to me."

Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
              By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
              While better men than we go out and start their working lives
              At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Likes are given so freely and can mean so much I wouldn't want to see them go. I do feel for anyone who gauges themselves by them beyond competitive or just nosey, because that is where good old fashioned talking should actually come in.

As for schools being PC, by gripe is rewarding children for attendance - yes I am so glad children are dosed up and sent off to spread their illness give them a ruddy certificate

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                  As for schools being PC, by gripe is rewarding children for attendance - yes I am so glad children are dosed up and sent off to spread their illness give them a ruddy certificate
                  Hmm, don't get me started here! It should be stopped completely.
                  If your child has a life long condition that means they have many hospital checkups and occasionally monthly then they are automatically excluded because they have had time off. Even though they were taken out for just two hours in the middle of the day! As if it's a choice! And no, we can't ask a consultant to make an appointment out of surgery times, those exceptions are for adults who have to fit it in around their work.

Comment

Actually, I tend to like just about every post I read. As much as anything to thank people for going to the effort of writing and sharing. And for the same reasons Nicos outlined earlier.

And I quite like looking at my like notifications because that way I'm reminded of what it is I wrote.

Comment

I love getting likes. It’s almost like having friends...
                      Enjoy giving them too. A bit like being important.

Comment

I know some forums don't have likes as they think it makes folk lazy and that rather than reply in a post. I don't like every post, not because I don't like the content, but I do try to read all the posts.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                          I know some forums don't have likes as they think it makes folk lazy and that rather than reply in a post. I don't like every post, not because I don't like the content, but I do try to read all the posts.
                          I like as a thanks for that information- rather than posting "thank you". All those posts with thank you in the middle of some good info is distracting.
                          Last edited by Scarlet; 11-01-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I Like giving and receiving Likes. Makes me think that my Time on here is "Time well wasted".

Comment

Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
                              It's not as if a like is a swipe right.
                              I 'd never heard of this and had to goggle it. Is that for real?!

Originally posted by Can the Man View Post
                              I really don’t see what all the fuss is about, rary if you don’t want to give a like then don’t, but I don’t think we all need to know whether you do or don’t. It’s up to the individual.
                              Totally agree CTM.

Rary, this is a gardening forum, not social media, we're not (most of us) teenagers desperate to be liked because we spend so much time online we have no other friends. I'm sure nobody keeps count of likes here. The reasons for liking a post on here have been outlined by others and they are the reasons I use too.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                                I 'd never heard of this and had to goggle it. Is that for real?! :eek
                                I wondered when I read that how many peeps would know what it meant

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X