Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did some chopping up of OHs prunings weeks ago .
    Potted up some plants and planted some out that hadnt got done months ago.
    Sowed some sweet pea seeds

Oh and had my first sit out in the sun of the year with a cuppa
    Last edited by Containergardener; 05-03-2020, 07:22 PM.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Tidied little tunnel, repotted lemon thyme. Pruned some mint.

Comment

• Planted leek seeds, beetroot and spring onions in modules.

Comment

• Potted up my zinnia and nigella plants which I grew from seed.
          Pinched out the growing tips on my sweetpeas.
          Sowed rocket and mixed salad leaves.
          Did some tidying and weeding.
          It was a lovely sunny day.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sunny all day, cleared up and prepared beds in polytunnel
            Cleared abandoned plot and covered over possibly for a pumpkin patch and another for a small wildflower meadow. Sowed some wildflower mixes in plugs to plant out after the frosts. Bought some yellow rattle to add to the mix but it's not supposed to be planted till the autumn so not sure how to proceed as the wildflower mix is spring sown.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Also tidied up in front of polytunnel and installed homemade cold frame
              Attached Files

Comment

• Bought the last seeds for the year (I hope)
                Loofa
                Cucumber
                Sweet romano peppers
                Land cress

Comment

• Sowed more seeds..carnation, cosmos x2, lobeliax2, petunia
                  Pruned Rose's.in.tubs
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Planted out my Charlotte potatoes (around 28) and 5 Sharpes Express.

Did a bit of weeding around the Garlic and Onions which seem to be doing well.

Stared at my tomato and cucumber seedlings for far longer than necessary. I need help!

Comment

• Still quiet up here as the overnight temps are sub zero inside the greenhouse, tatties are chitting, but it will be weeks away before they are planted, so I'm still an indoor gardener at the moment, finally got some Hungarian Hot Wax chillies to grow from some seed I saved last year, won't be long till the first of my tomato seeds will be sown in the heated propagator.

Comment

• After a very busy week, failed miserably to get up in time to go to the Post Office this morning - will post my swap seeds next week.

I've sown four varieties of radishes outdoors though, and moved various containers to sunnier spots now that things are definitely warming up. I'm concerned my rhubarb isn't doing much. The compost is far too spent for me to expect a harvest this year, but I was hoping to get enough leaves to keep it limping on until I can plant it in the ground.

I've realised that I'm going to be leaving Lincolnshire a month earlier than I had expected. This throws many of my garden plans for this year into chaos. I have started certain seedlings in the hope of getting things to crop by the end of August, but now I'll be wanting things that are done by the end of July. Alas tomatoes

Comment

• Sowed a few more tomato seeds for the propogator. Put some tomato seeds and an orange habanero in their first individual pots. Pruned a couple of buddleia and tidied up a mint. Bought a yellow gooseberry bush and. Yellow Achilliea in morrisons.

Comment

• Built the box frame for my hotbed and dug out a pit 18 inches deep by 8 feet long by 2 foot eight wide. Then barrowed a trailer full of horse muck and straw to partly fill it. I'll need another trailer full to get it near the top of the box, then add a six inch layer of soil. Once the temperature stabilises it will become home to my sweet potatoes and this year's big risky experiment, watermelon!

I tried to upload pictures from my phone but to no avail. Was losing the will to live in trying, so posted without.

Comment

• Yeeeessssss!!!! Ended up with an unexpected day off work so my season has officially started!

Planted:
                              Honeycomb tomatoes
                              Vittoria tomatoes
                              Tigerella tomatoes
                              Golden sunrise tomatoes
                              Basil
                              Leeks
                              Peas
                              Cucumber
                              Parsnips in toilet rolls to transplant at a later date
                              Early jalapeno peppers and two other varieties.
                              Potatoes are chitting happily away.

All in all, i'm very excited!!!

Comment

• At last, a mostly dry weekend!
                                Dug over about a fifth of plot, sourced the 4th side for new pumpkin bed, and sowed my February seeds :-D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X