Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy that the green house only went down to 8c and not the 2c they said it would.

Comment

• First straberry of the year!!!! Yippeee!

some little horror of a slug had had a tiny nibble though so I need to be extra vigilant.....
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Today is World Whisky Day and as part of this one of our local distilleries(GlenCadam) ran a competition to take part in an online tasting session. SWMBO entered me in it and we won, the 3 miniatures have been delivered and we kick off later this afternoon...…………...…….later I might make even less sense than I usually do lol

Comment

• ^^^^^ How fantastic is that!....what a great idea!
          I'll have a glass of Cardhu later then to celebrate it with you. te he

My happy for today is that we've had a phonecall from the guys who were about to make our new staircase to say they are open and back in business...so can they come on Tuesday to measure up?.....Yiiiippppeeee....YES...Yes please!
          that will probably take a couple of weeks before they fit it but then we can get the floor down and all the furniture back into the study which will leave the lounge accessible to get on with the renovations!

(Phew....I have to admit that living in a building site has been getting to me more than a tad.)
          Last edited by Nicos; 16-05-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Son came in with 7 bundles of bamboo canes for me,i have been scrumping around for some,also nothing in the sensible price range on line,for those in need,don't give up,i had been several times to wilko,having quewed for a long time,and nothing,he walks in this morning and bingo,the 7 foot ones,at their normal price,so thanks for something good.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Picked my first radishes of the year
              Northern England.

Comment

• had a game of family fortunes on zoom this evening, I just don't understand why my children think I came last, I asked the questions
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Saw my first wild red Flanders poppies of the year in the fields.
                  Always uplifting to see ...but humbling at the same time.

Comment

• My daughter in law runs a coffee shop, sandwich and soup service.
                    Since the pandemic her business had been hit hard.
                    Last week she reopened with just a take out service.
                    She has had so many requests for food.
                    Yesterday she launched her new service...Brunch, Lunch or 3ven afternoon tea.
                    She surprised us this afternoon with a delivery looking for our opinion.
                    Champagne was provided.
                    How good can it get on an ordinary Wednesday.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Shorts and t-shirt weather...hope it lasts.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Shorts and t-shirt weather...hope it lasts.
                        Love gardening in sandals (ones with proper soles of course )
                        Last edited by Mr Bones; 19-05-2020, 07:41 PM. Reason: Soles not souls.. tut
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• No socks I hope

Comment

• Fishing......in shorts and sandals (no socks)
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• My neighbour's little girls made me a lovely sign for my garden, all painted with pretty flowers an apple tree and hearts. Such a beautiful thing to do
                              Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                              Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                              https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                              Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Normality gradually returning. The window cleaner turned up today, and I can hear an ice cream van jingling away somewhere in the village.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X