X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    ELO Kevin
    I was already humming it by the time I got to the comment about bonus points!!!
    ELO ????

Were you going for 'Mr Blue Sky' Nicos ?
    .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

It seems I can start seriously planning to buy a house, hopefully to move to in the Autumn. I had been thinking I might need to move from here to another rental for a while before buying, but it's looking more likely that my next move will be to my first owned home.

Of course, first I need to work out how to go about buying a house (there's stuff like getting a mortgage agreement in principle, etc.), and then I can start thinking about viewings. But I am going to be daydreaming about my ideal garden all the same!

Comment

Looking out of my window and seeing the mass of daffodils in flower. Stunning-even if it's raining !!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have a new front door!!!!!

Comment

Got the old camping chair out of the shed and sat out on the grass with the dogs .....e joying the brief sunshine warmth
            Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              I have a new front door!!!!!
              Yayyyy....knock ...knock ...whos there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                Yayyyy....knock ...knock ...whos there.
                Nick

Nick who?

Nick who's Nicked the doorbell!

Comment

^^^^ boom boom ...ha ha

Comment

I am so happy that I have eventually got the borders in 2 greenhouses planted with well chitted potato sets. They are Swift. I am hoping to pick the first around Mayday. Just the thought is enough to make me hungry.

Comment

• There are lots of little sprouts in my overturned lettuce container that I just unceremoniously dumped the compost back into - life finds a way!

Comment

• An old friend of my husbands (age 93), called round a couple of weeks ago. Since the death of his "girlfriend" a few months ago he has spent more time in his kitchen. He asked me how to make batter for potato scallops. I gave him a recipe for beer batter and a small bottle of beer and some SR flour and told him to drink the extra beer.
                        He called around today and was telling me how he had made it a few times and it was really good. The thing that really amazed him though was he had some leftover batter so he just spooned it into the fat.
                        "Guess what I got?", he said. "Proper chip shop SCRAPS".
                        This just shows you can teach an old dog new tricks.
                        He also brought me a biscuit recipe which I will try.

Comment

• 4quail eggs yesterday then 3 more today!
                          Looks like the laying season is finally kicking off!

Comment

• geese have started laying, quails have started laying and on a completely different note going to a childrens rave - loved it!!! (and of course the girls, they want to go again)

Comment

• What a difference a few weeks make,my lucky hen has layed her first egg since the fox attack,albeit small for now,her noise is getting louder as well,so i would declare she has fully recovered,so happy.
                              also MR enjoying himself,and that in turn does me a lot of good,and not to forget the sun trying to shine.
                              Last edited by lottie dolly; 12-03-2020, 02:30 PM.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• This forum! An island of calm in a stormy ocean of coronavirus panic.
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X