This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all..just
    Weather got great , windy cool and had a rain shower while dog walking. Not sure of today's plans yet. Mil's care home rang to request permission to do covid test (which will send her even more anxious) and asked for dentafix stuff, though we have never known her to use it before. Hmmm. Does she need a new denture more like?
    On with the day , new garden mags ..more seeds to sow.
    Have a good day.

Ps heated propagator has germinated something already woohoo.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Can you ask them to wear a mask Mothhawk?
      Can you provide them with one?

I've got a guy coming to do final measurements for our new starircase on Tuesday and I'm going to try and buy a single use mask for him tomorrow or else end up making one for him.
      He might be relieved rather than offended tbh!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good idea Nicos. I'll see if I can get a couple of masks.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all, wet today...it’s been a while since I’ve seen it raining during the day!!
          Mothhawk your guy might well bring his own mask...most people are being really careful and responsible!
          Hope you all have a great day!! x
          sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon,

The sun keeps popping out from behind the clouds. It feels strange not growing anything this year, but looking forward to when we buy our own house being able to transform the garden into my own little veg patch! My name is down for a allotment but could take years and I'll prob have my own house by then ha!

My uncle died of natural causes at 56 on Wednesday. Not sure when the funeral is going to be and who is going because there is loads of us in the family and only 10 people are allowed to go. I will prob know more next week.

Even if I don't post I am still here. Just miss growing.

Have a good day
            Carrie

Comment

• A wet afternoon out there, was out to feed the birds and it looks like a gray squirrel has done some damage to the feeders through the night, they are a bit of a pest about here, I consider them rats with bushy tails, managed to get the feeders sorted out again though by the time I finished I was soaked, and even though I had a rain jacket on I was wer through, so as soon as everything else gets back to the new normal it will be a new waterproof jacket for me, when back in the house OH started on about I should have a jacket on when it's raining, then told me to go and get the wet clothes off, which I did, waited a wee while but finished up putting on some dry clothes, so now going to watch some YouTube videos, enjoy the day whatever you are doing and stay safe
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well, if this was the what makes you happy thread, I'd say Rary's post above. Ever the optimist!

Nice to see you again, Carrie. Sorry to hear about your uncle.

As for here, Mr Snoop and D have fixed the chicken compound extension (more work needed, but now usable). Chickens have ventured in but not for long. They're amazingly nervous. Scared even of flies, but they're going to have to get used to them. D commented that the chickens are fatter than when they arrived. Which they are. They're stuffing their faces, presumably used to having to compete for food and water, whereas here there's plenty and more than one feeding station, so they can eat to their heart's content.

Comment

• Prevening Sunny here now but it's not warm. Work tomorrow and Thursday at the hospital, rest of the week working from home. Glad to hear you're all doing ok. Stay safe
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• One can live in hope Snoop, I came on to say that the first leaves of the Ash tree are out, so that hopefully will be the frosts finished
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      No rain here but it was quite a dull afternoon.
                      Not a lot done but fed and watered my tomatoes, cucs, peppers and squash.
                      Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
                      Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Pre evening all,sorry about your uncle Carrie,am sure they will settle down soon Snoop,poor things must have had a really bad time,good on you,thanks MH,i only done a 4onz mix,with 1 level tsp,so will add more on next trial,carrot seeds are in,as are the 40 odd onion sets left from the plot,even done a bit of weeding,nearly done first batch of stuff for freezer,as well as tea in a bit,washing done and folded,i am flying eh,things much better since a chat with ofspring,he doing all he can to help to day,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                          A wet afternoon out there, was out to feed the birds and it looks like a gray squirrel has done some damage to the feeders through the night, they are a bit of a pest about here, I consider them rats with bushy tails, managed to get the feeders sorted out again though by the time I finished I was soaked, and even though I had a rain jacket on I was wer through, so as soon as everything else gets back to the new normal it will be a new waterproof jacket for me, when back in the house OH started on about I should have a jacket on when it's raining, then told me to go and get the wet clothes off, which I did, waited a wee while but finished up putting on some dry clothes, so now going to watch some YouTube videos, enjoy the day whatever you are doing and stay safe
                          It would be unusual for a squirrel to be out in the dark Rary, could it be a Pine Martin?

Comment

• Good Morning All. Windy. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, FF. Morning, all.

The sun is up and due to stay that way all day. Not news, I guess. But no clouds to go with it. Hooray.

Not much other news. Work calls. As always. Would help if I did actually do some rather than just talking about it.

Catch you later, my lovelies. Have a great day.

Comment

• Morning
                                A wet breezy start here, great for walking dogs in ..ugh.
                                Have a good day .
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X