This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Snadge?....Yey!!!!
    Enjoy yourself!...you've waited a long time for this -hope you catch something rewarding ...
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening all
      Just go Nicos , if you don't feel comfortable come away. It might be fine and quieter than you think.

My heated propagator arrived , so obviously I had to sow some seeds didnt I. Obviously I got carried away too hahaha.

Dogs walk time again.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Good timing CG!! enjoy your new toy!!
        What have you sown?

Comment

• I have had a very quiet day today though we did see the 2 youngest boy as their mum and dad brought them down and they stood outside the conservatory where we could talk to them safely and it was so good to see them, well stay safe and for those going out make sure the only thing you pass on is a smile
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all!

lovely still morning here , so much so I can hear both local village church bells. Always a lovely sound. 7am, 12 noon and 7pm they ring about 30 times. Not sure why but they always bring a smile to my face.

I notice we finally had our forecast frost. It's been threatening for the past few days and I'm hoping it'll knock back some of the greenfly which has taken hold of a few kale plants and plum tree leaves.

We've not made the decision about getting goslings yet -it's about 50:50 either way.

Right...kettle just boiled -breakfast trays to be found outside your bedroom doors....enjoy!

Have a great weekend-see ya later....

Comment

• Thanks, Nicos. Needed that breakfast. Am all discombobulated today. I was convinced it was Friday today but no... So better get my skates on to hit Monday deadlines.

Catch you later, guys. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Morning a bit of a dull day here but no rain or frost so thats I'll be out in the garden soon. Not heard our bells for ages I sort of forgot about them until you mentioned your Nicos. Odd when something you take for granted stops.

It must have been good to see your grandkids Rary it is difficult isn't it. xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all dull this morning but hopefully like most days it will turn out nice! The Vine seems to be much better this morning, loading a lot faster, here’s hoping it stays that way.
                  Hope you are all well. Enjoy your day and stay safe. Oh glad you got to see the boys rary!! x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All. Started out sunny and warm, now dull and cool. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, quite nice out there today cloudy and breezy but that cold north wind has gone, the westerlie is much more garden friendly, enjoy your day and keep safe.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Bright and sunny but still a cool breeze.
                        Nothing planned so making it up as I go along.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning. Overcast here but no wind so fairly warm. Got the hoovering and washing done and all the other domestic stuff, so relaxing with a coffee now. It's the last of my ground coffee, which is my weekend treat. I drink instant the rest of the week.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• I used to drink all types of coffee, but these days they all taste like mud to me, be it instant, filter or cafetierre , I often enjoy one made in a caf

Comment

• Good afternoon, we started off with rain this morning so decided to get out quick and get a fire going and burn a lot of old wood that I had stacked, it was supposed to get sawn up for the bigger fire when it was in the greenhouse that fire could take logs up to 18ins. long and up to 12x12 thick, but the small one that I replaced it with can only take 6in long and 4x3 thick and its now to much bother to saw and split as required so it's now all gone and the sun came out as well and it has finished up a nice but breezey day, while the fire was on I got some old compost sterilised, I normally wouldn't have bothered but as I am running low on compost I thought I better get some cleaned up, hopefully I will get using it before my family decide they need some, my daughter arrived down just as everything was shouting down with a load of plants for me to pot up for her then last week my son came down for some tomato plants and oh could I have some compost as well I had just mixed up a load of sterilised soil and compost so he went with that, while working out the back our daughter appeared with some recycling material, cola cans etc. and our oldest grandson was with her and as Bren said it is good to see them and even though he's coming up on 16 and 6ft 4 or5 now it would have been good to give him a hug mind you he possibly wouldn't like it, I think I will go without covering my plants tonight as the forecast is for 8degrees I will think on that, but now I need to go and see about the tea, enjoy your evening and stay safe might catch you later
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                                We had a sunny then cloudy then sunny day here but still no rain.
                                My two water butts are empty so having to use tap water.
                                All my bedding plants are out now.
                                Radishes and spring onions growing well.
                                Made up three hanging g baskets and a few planters.

Nicos your mention of Gosling's brought back a memory from my childhood.
                                My mother used visit an old lady who owned geese.
                                The minute we went to the gate the geese used try to attack us
                                As my sister and me were just kids we were terrified.
                                Put me off geese for life.

Have a good evening all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse