Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening all,not a bad day at all,went plot early morning,did some watering,back home for food,then dow again with MR,sown 2 more rows of snips with fresh seed,of the 2 i sown a few weeks ago,1 was a no show,and the others are just showing the seed leaves,so now i got 3 rows.
    popped in asda for perscriptions,and got a few bits,on looking at where the flour used to be was a notice,fresh yeast in the butter chiller cabinet,was 20p for 50g,so got 2,1 in the freezer,so tomoz am hoping to have a peace full day,eyes roll,catch up on home duties,sow them carrot seeds,and some baking for the freezer.
    AM pleased this is working better,although not easy to sort out what is what yet,i am not well on changes hohum,
    hope your all well and have a lovely evening.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening, turned out a nice day again. Must say I'm liking the new look of the Vine, things are gradually improving.
      enjoy the rest of your evening, stay safe. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Evening its been going from sunny to dull of and on all day but it wasn't cool enough to need a coat so that was good enough for me. Just that the breeze made it to cool to sit outside and read. Got plenty of gardening done
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• evening all. I won't say the vine is better, It's just not quite so bad but it certainly isn't good. After a spell of really cold nights, tonight is forecast to be no lower that 8c so that's a boost. Hope everyone is well and keeping safe. I'm doing as much as I can in that regard.

Comment

• Evening n'all.
            didnt go out in the end -glad to have taken you down memory lane Bramble -but a happier memory would have been preferable!!!!
            We're near enough as decided not to get the goslings this year -it would be perfect timing but I think we have enough on at the moment tbh....pity - but we have a week or so to change our minds.

lottie - well done on getting the yeast -OH is starting to run low so I must get that on my shopping list for next week.
            I did pick up some unusual flour a couple of weeks ago - turns out it's a mix of wheat flour and broad bean flour. Never seen that before but it makes wonderful bread!

Heading for another frost tonight....Everything which needs covering is cobpvered -apart from the spuds and they are earthed up as high as poss.

Sleep tight peeps....
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Not been on the Vine for a while, not just slow but too erratic and unpredictable to use. Seems a bit better at the moment though.
              Nine degrees this morning with high cloud, hopefully the cold snap is now behind us and we can plough on into the growing season (not literally being no-dig )

Edit... meant to say Enjoy your Sunday Folks..
              Last edited by Mr Bones; 17-05-2020, 07:16 AM.
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Good afternoons fishing yesterday, but its back to reality today.

Lots of chores to do and deffo a trip to the plot at some time today

Take care folks.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright blue here, but a bit chilly. Weather forecast for the next two weeks says no rain! Amazing. This last bout was 105 mm/litres per square metre. Not sure how to approach the veg patch now. Bit at a time, I guess. Just like normal. Anyway, not today's problem, as it's far too wet even to walk on.

And yes, glad to see the Vine has sped up a bit. Thanks to everyone involved for that.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all!
                    did you catch that trout you ate for supper last night Snadge?...hope you had a good day fishing.

Bones-lovely to see you. I think tonight is supposed to be our last potential frost night -for now at least, so, as you say , we can crack in with the planting out.
                    It's very rewarding to see the seedlings getting established outside isn't it?

Not sure what today will bring but it's deffo going to involve being outdoors!
                    First things first though....drippy eggs on toast for brekkie -anyone care to join me?

Enjoy your day peeps-see ya later.

Comment

• Mornin Snoop-I thought someone was clattering around in the kitchen...kettle's just boiled if you fancy a brew?

Comment

• Morning, we too have cloudy today, had some rain over night too which is good, we are still in lock down so no fishing for me yet, looks like the chance of a spring salmon has gone for this year along with the chance of a Bass from the beach as well. Some talk of easing restrictions in June, but nothing definite yet, good job I have the greenhouse to keep me busy and my model railway if it's raining like today.

Comment

• Good morning, raining just now and looks like it will be for a while so any garden work will be in the greenhouse, enjoy the day stay safe and remember to smile
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning,nice outside,started catch up with things domestic,another cake with backing powder,so far not very impressed,keep trying,the shelves are so bare of any flour,even that put into smaller bags is only plain,my next trick is try a loaf with plain flour and the fresh yeast,need to look up first,in the past i have never had any success with anything yeast,
                            Nicos,i said about the yeast for others to have a look see in their own store,it was a fluke i saw the notice,have a good day all,stay safe and Bgood2others,as yourselves.
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Confession time!
                              what sort of gardener am I!
                              had to google to see what “snips” are.
                              i now know.

Comment

• Morning all. Problems today. the washing machine is refusing to spin so had to hand wring the load in there. hope I can find someone working to come and fix it, but I'm a bit nervous about having someone in the house as we've been patiently shielding for 8 weeks. Don't want that to go to waste and have someone bring us the virus!.

LD, for self raising flour add 4 level teaspoons of baking powder per 8 ounces of plain flour, and then sift it all three or four times to thoroughly mix it in.
                                Last edited by mothhawk; 17-05-2020, 09:59 AM.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X