Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Sunny here after a chilly night with a light touch of frost, now gone. Going to be moving some daff bulbs about today and starting off some runner beans. Need to check the bees soon too.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all, bright and breezy here, happy to see the forecast for the next week is for warmer overnight temperatures. Stay safe all.

Comment

• Morning it wasn't as cold overnight as predicted suns out so its going to be another day spent in the garden.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Cloudy here at the moment, more rain due... Another 35 mm/litres per square metre yesterday on top of the 65 the day before.

New chickens are a bit bamboozled by it all. I imagine they've come from a barn, so exposure to the weather has been a bit of a shock. They seemed to be OK yesterday, but not in the least in a hurry to get up this morning. All three are new, so no old hand to show them the ropes. Will need to keep them shut in for a bit so they know where to go back to in the evening. Look a good size and very healthy, but very small combs, so could be a while before we see any eggs. Don't seem unduly phased by the dogs coming up for a sniff. Been a year now, so will have to remind the dogs the chickens are not toys or food...

Right, busy day ahead. Work and cooking. Swapped Mr Snoop a cup of coffee in bed this morning for the washing-up. So I reckon I've got off lightly there.

Have a good day, everyone. Will catch you later if I can.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Just popping in on a liquid break. Have a good day.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning everyone,

We did a lovely clap for carers/key workers last night in the village, I was banging my saucepan so hard the handle almost came unscrewed.
              Just waiting for a delivery of Tea then the rest of the day will be spent potting on, sowing and trying to get my no dig veg bed sorted, yes I know, I'm a bit late, story of my life!
              Blue Tits are working so hard feeding their chicks, must be exhausting. Can't wait to see all the little fledglings!

Have a lovely one, whatever you're up to.

Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
              Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

• Morning n'alln'all!
                and yet another late start!...anyone would think I'm on holiday te he

I found some unusual flour last time I went shopping -it contains some broad bean flour. And wow.....it's absolutely delish, soft spongy inside and a crisp crust which stays crispy for the 24 hrs it takes to eat the whole loaf.

Oh dear....I'm really going to have to start my diet again at some point but the bread OH is making is utterly addictive.

Its a stunning day here too so I'm off out into the garden- loads to crack on with.
                I need to check up on our one strawberry which is turning red...hopefully it's not been got at by slugs overnight!

Take care peeps - see you later!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon,
                  Still can't get on this forum from Google ie have to use Edge - so not just click on a tab anymore PITA. to be honest..
                  Anyway, down to I.5C last night but lovely in the g/house just now for a coffee Now time to dig over the other side of the greenhouse and add a bag of manure. If the forecast still shows +8C for the rest of next week I'll be planting my toms and cukes in there at the weekend, finally!
                  Have a good'un and stay safe

Comment

• Afternoon all,nice to get a look in,slowly catching up down the plot,not much response on the snips planted a few weeks ago,and still not got carrots in the ground at home,every time i get positive vibes and act upon them,sumat come along and turns it on it's head then bury's it,anyhow a few days ago i came across a big moth thing at base of a blueberry bush,having looked up,it appears to be a privite moth,i do believe i have worked the pics
                    Attached Files
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon, dul with light showers today and that's the first rain we have had for a while, haven't done much at all today I actually sat and watched a film this morning but the sun is coming out so might get out to the garden for a wee while, I read a bit an another thread where someone's not to happy with things going to fb but that's not anything new, a couple of years ago I was looking for something on the Web and came across something I had wrote on the Vine, so things going to fb might be new but entering into the Web is not, once you post its world wide, if you want it to be private don't post on any internet service
                      ​​​​​​
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon.
                        its been a very dull day today.
                        mostly working in the greenhouse pricking out the last of my bedding plants.
                        OH birthday today so we have had some family doing the socially distant visits.
                        have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Crumbs, we seem to be flying along here at the moment. Long may it last.

Just finished lunch. Feeling very smug. Who knew stuffed pasta could be so good? Well, evidently the Italians. But not me. Till now.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone.

Comment

• Just finished a shift working at the Deli when my daughter was short of staff. Graduated from washing dishes to preparing meals and sandwiches. Quite pleasurable really but a busy day.
                            Anyway, enough of this I have some fishing to catch up on now that we are allowed back on the water.
                            Guess where I will be tomorrow.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              We have smilies again????
                              Nope?
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Pre evenin n'alln'all!

well...uuurm....not so much actually ended up getting done in the garden today.
                                its been a stonker! ( huuuge grin ) ...fantastically warm with a cooling breeze so someone m somewhere sat outside and read ( ( (looking slightly embarrassed )
                                ah well ...there's always tomorrow!

I have put it to OH that it's market day tomorrow. I'd love to go but would have to be extremely careful....but maybe, maybe , the lady selling goslings might be there...and as we're not having guests this year ( they are realistically too noisy to have near the gites)it might be a rather good idea to go and buy 3 ..or 4 ..or 5... it'd be lovely to have some again and we have all the 'stuff' for them....
                                what do you think?????
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X