This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon n'alln'all
    Very late log in today... been distracted with building work!
    Best crack on!!!
    See ya later
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all,hope the forecasts are correct for a better weekend,i need some sort of stimulus to get me going,have plenty i CAN do,but feel very board,MR keeps saying,chill out,i try to,and end up looking for tit bits for me taste buds,but,i have a lot to be thankfull for,stay safe and lets beat this thing
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Hello and good afternoon, have been busy this morning cleaning down the shower with the glass doors removed and cleaned, I could do the same thing with the doors in place but OH thinks they look better after they have been removed and polished, or she just wants to keep me busy a strong wind blowing today but its still dry, I have just been out to saw up some wood plus keep an eye on the greenhouse as though its blustery I need to leave the door open as the temperature rises quite quickly when the sun comes out and it looks like I will need to replace the auto vents, well it either that or OH needs to run out all the time the sun comes out or dissappears Just noticed earlier that there are a couple of ol. Grapes using the same signature photo, but as it's for a good cause I thank them for it
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
          I had a busy day.
          I didnt plan it that way but my son delivered two bags of groceries in case we were.short..Some were perishable and needed to go in the freezer.The two freezers were full so I was pushed into making jam to free up some space.
          Luckily, I had 5 kilo bags of jam sugar and a kilo of granulated.
          Weighed up the frozen gooseberries from last year and there were 10 lbs.
          Down to the shed for the jam jars and the large saucepans and that put in my day.
          Pleased with the jam but it wasnt on my list to do today,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
            Hello and good afternoon, have been busy this morning cleaning down the shower with the glass doors removed and cleaned, I could do the same thing with the doors in place but OH thinks they look better after they have been removed and polished, or she just wants to keep me busy a strong wind blowing today but its still dry, I have just been out to saw up some wood plus keep an eye on the greenhouse as though its blustery I need to leave the door open as the temperature rises quite quickly when the sun comes out and it looks like I will need to replace the auto vents, well it either that or OH needs to run out all the time the sun comes out or dissappears Just noticed earlier that there are a couple of ol. Grapes using the same signature photo, but as it's for a good cause I thank them for it
            What is wrong with the autovents? Even if they appear knackered if you really grease them well with petroleum jelly they get a new lease of life ( several years so far here).

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              What is wrong with the autovents? Even if they appear knackered if you really grease them well with petroleum jelly they get a new lease of life ( several years so far here).
              I think the expansion fluid has been lost as there is no restriction when pulling and pushing the the rods, but I will try some grease on them tomorrow and many thanks for the suggestion
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• morning all, not sleeping well these days and can't lie in bed if I'm awake without disturbing her ladyship so i'm up in my reclining chair. Very worst of news for vegetable exhibitors throughout the UK yesterday. Dundee CC pulled the plug on the Annual Flower and food festival. They were to be hosting The National Vegetable Society Annual Championships this year and so that has had to be cancelled as a consequence. I was to be Show Manager and all the planning and organising done. It is sad but of course there are far more important things in life at the moment than showing vegetables.

We've managed without going past the garden gate for a whole week since shopping last Friday. Setting out again tomorrow and hoping that sanity has returned to the supermarkets.

we are having to struggle a bit to manage our food. Our integrated fridge freezer picked now of all times to go on the blink. Fridge is over cooling and freezing up. Freezer is well stocked and we cant really empty it to defrost everything just now in case it goes totally useless as a result and we cant risk the food in there as it's so difficult to replace just now. We are managing but it is difficult.

Anyway, enough of my tales of woe. Spring is here despite yestertday's snow

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Be Strong AP, we can do this! Have a good day All
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornings!
                    That's bad luck AP but as you say better for people to stay safe.

Here, it's very grey and still this morning, no frost as it's 8C.

Yesterday I did get a little bit done on fixing the greenhouse, but my back was complaining so I changed plan and had a nice bonfire instead All the rubbish woodpile burned and also a couple of chairs that were at the wobbly stage. Some shopping to look forward to, eventually..

Domestics to do this morning then a walk up the hill, to stretch my legs - but still avoiding the shops

Have a good'un and stay safe

Comment

• Morning, dull, chilly and showery this morning! Wonder what’s on the cards? Oh that’s right, more of the same!!
                      Have a good one everyone!! x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                        Another chilly start here too. I really am a fair weather gardener
                        Must say though that I'm thoroughly enjoying eagerly peeping at my germinating seeds!
                        Mini miracles eh?

Ouch AP -not a good situation to be in re your fridge freezer -I'm presuming a replacement one it going to be hard to find/get delivered?
                        Frustrating about the shows too -can you maybe organise some sort of a virtual small show/competition for some of your friends/regular competitors ? Not the same I know but it might prove interesting?

I'll tell you of the saga about my car repair sometime -having had it towed away early December I still don't have it back ( not that I actually need it at the moment being on lockdown)

I picked up some knitting yesterday evening! I was making a small blanket with cheap cotton thread a couple of years ago and decided to get it finished. Pity I don't like the colours!!!!

Fancy a brew anyone?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning, dull, cold but dry at present the greenhouse was down at 4c overnight now sitting at 8c not sure what I will do today I have a couple of poly tunnels which I am thinking of putting on a bit of the garden and then planting some cabbage, actually as writing this that's just what I am going to do, right keep yourself busy, don't mope about if you can't get into the garden do some reading, read some gardening books if you have them, that way you will be able to answer any questions I ask but most important stay happyu 8

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            The sun is shining and its 8 degs.
                            After being indoors making jam it's a day in the garden for me.
                            Dont know what I will be doing but I am sure there is always something..
                            Cant go anywhere as we ate on lockdown do it's a walk in the lane behind our house.

AP hope all works out with your fridge problems, things have a habit of going wrong at the worst time.

Nicos, I have gone back to the knitting and well, just squares to make a rug.
                            Jigsaw dug out of the attic for a rainy day as well.
                            A lifetime of photos waiting to be sorted.

Enough about me, have a good day and stay safe all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, all.

Bright blue here, but perishing cold. Solar panels are supping up the sunshine and batteries are as full as they're going to be. I really need to get using more electricity!

Good start to the day. Mum called on her tablet, though she's not sure how she did it. Got an email from a friend with a dozen almond tree trunks he doesn't need for firewood. Do we want them? Of course we do.

Mr Snoop has headed out on a shopping mission. Amazing how that has become such a scary chore these days.

Sorry to read about your fridge-freezer, AP. Hope you manage to get it sorted. If our freezer went now, it would be a serious problem. Really feel for you.

So, on with the show. Time to think about how to use up that electricity going to waste. Get the mixer out and make a cake? Biscuits? Pastry?

Have a good day, everyone. Stay safe. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Morning all,just,am slowly finding some mojo,my aim is to sort out the inside of home,washing ext,then hopefully the sun will come out for me to get started on the growing ext,this weekend,must try to sort out some more wood,so i can get the cover on,not looking forwards to that,as will need help,i had planed not grow on the lottie space,as i have enough,but am thinking of the first early spuds,and squash,they should not need the attention others will,talk about stock pilling,i like to think of growing extra as,hedging our bets,plus we can share,and the hens will be very gratefull,
                                It is nice to see Jay looking in more,
                                There is no chance of getting any freezers now,i know a body who has tried,they are having to weight the lid down,as it broken,ti's years old,stay safe as u can peeps.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X