X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The like button doesn't to work properly

Comment

• Good evening, its been a right mixed bag today,torrential rain, hail and sunny periods, was in the greenhouse potting on some geraniums and because it felt cold I closed the doors with the temperature showing 19c the Sun came out and no time it was up to 28c so had to the doors again then it started to get dull and cool so decided to head in the house just in and a hail storm started it turned the ground white then cleared up and turned reasonably warm again, after that I decided to stay in and read my magazine which came in this morning
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• It’s been cold, wet and miserable for three days now. I’ve put the heating back on and brought 2 of my propagators in and stuck them on the radiators as the seeds aren’t germinating. For some reason something has decided to eat the growing tops of all my french beans, but haven’t touched the peas or runners. I’ll plant some more and make an effort to find my copper tape.

I’m having to find somewhere in my house by 11am tomorrow where the background looks at least tidy. We’re having a test council meeting. Eek! Perhaps the end of the dining room table with the bookcase behind me, or with my back to the kitchen window with the lilac in full bloom behind me.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          How do you make your porridge rary-all water or a mix of milk and water? -anything else you add to it ?
          Which oats do you reckon are the best?
          Go on...pass on your tips
          It's only in the last couple of years that I've noticed crushed oats being sold in supermarkets here -I usually stock up during our visits to the uk.
          I know you won't believe this Nicos, but I buy the cheapest I can find and steep them overnight in half water half milk

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          Morning we have sunshine today
          Me to as well Rary, mines pinhead oats made with water and topped with either fresh or frozen fruit and a dollop of yoghurt.
          Bren I have never tried pinhead oats occasionally I add yogurt but generally I use honey and cinnamon
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning all.

Public holiday here today. Ordinarily, that would mean the place would be really quiet as nobody out in the fields. But there's hardly anyone out anyway, these days, so probably won't notice any difference. No planes in the sky is nice, though.

Off out to do a bit of gardening when I've finished here and had my cup of tea. You're all complaining of autumnal cold and we're due a bit of a heatwave, apparently. Already. Forecast is for top twenties here, although 32-34 ºC has been mentioned. That's a bit much so early. Will sit out the worst of the heat by doing a bit of paid work in the middle of the day.

Have a great day, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning day started out with rain but now the suns out.

Originally posted by rary View Post
              I know you won't believe this Nicos, but I buy the cheapest I can find and steep them overnight in half water half milk

Bren I have never tried pinhead oats occasionally I add yogurt but generally I use honey and cinnamon
              Rary I love the texture of pinhead oats I've eaten todays with apple, sultanas and cinnamon, pinhead takes longer to cook than oats so i cook it in a double boiler enough for a few days and reheated when I need it.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Happy May Day peeps!
                It's tradition to give sprigs of Lily of the Valley today to loved ones to wish them happiness and luck with the arrival of Spring.
                Public holiday here too Snoop (Labour Day) not that that will make any difference to us!
                Just hope peeps don't come to their holiday hones for the weekend and leave some 'unwanted guests ' in the locality

Nice and sunny this morning -we got a few things blown over yesterday following a sudden storm (including hailstones!)...but nothing seems damaged at least.

Anyone read about the Alnwick Brewery in Northumberland giving away gallons of beer for a donation to the NHS? I admire that -can't abide waste....good on them!

Right -talking of drinkies -time for another brew!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Decidedly cool here. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all and happy Mayday.
                    Its sunny here so an outdoor day.
                    Have a good one and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning suns up! Feeling a bit meh this morning no idea why.
                      Anyhoo, hope you all have a great day. x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,a bit warmer so far,supposed to get some Spanish plume shortly,that will kick start the moral again,seeds seem to be slow and and not good germination again this year,but am sure we will get something worth the wait to eat,spuds are showing lovely down the plot,any how stay safe,ooh i can hear the washing machine bleeping,see yarr laters.

M keep you big beak shut,they are back when changing over to another thread,GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr, it needs intensive car.
                        Last edited by lottie dolly; 01-05-2020, 11:13 AM.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• LD, you OK? Not sure I understand the last bit of your message... Big hug from me if needed.

Comment

• Good evening, today it has been dry with occasional cloud, decided to get the patio table and chairs out and give them a wash then got the grass cut along with a couple of cardboard boxes, I also cleaned out the raised bed in the greenhouse the lettuce in there was starting to go to seed, after that I sowed some lettuce and turnip seeds some of the seeds that came with the GYO magazine. Now that its the weekend, remember to keep your distance, keep safe and pass on a smile

Comment

• Morning it looks like being a dry day The suns just touching the bottom of the garden so I'll soon start my daily plant shuffle.
                              Enjoy your day and stay safe.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, all.

More sun. And heat. The rainwater drainage channel by the house isn't running quite so fast and there's been a noticeable drop in the water level in the fields. OK, so I'm being optimistic about the last one, but it will happen. Ground where I've scythed is drying out a bit quicker than I expected, so got to get those beds sorted before starting on any more scything.

Mr Snoop on a big shopping run at some point this morning. Now that the restrictions are loosening up a bit, we expect there to be a rise in cases. So getting some supplies in now to see us through another couple of weeks. Mr Snoop and D are fixated on oats for porridge and flapjacks. Me, I want a big bag of crisp apples.

Right, better get on with the show. The sun is shining and there's plenty to do out there.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X