This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    I would have thought rary was more of a monocle sort of chap?
    He's more of a spectacle!

And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
    Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
    With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
    His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
    For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
    Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
    And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
    That ends this strange eventful history,
    Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
    Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
      Yes Thelma I did read it without my glasses and I read it as fresh marigolds, but all these little mistakes help keep VC s mind active, and at her age she need all the help she can get
      and you don't? *Wry smile*

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        He's more of a spectacle!

And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
        Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
        With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
        His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
        For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
        Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
        And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
        That ends this strange eventful history,
        Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
        Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.
        Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
        and you don't? *Wry smile*
        And what is this that rary feels upon his broad manly back, daggers! or the sharp points of women's tongues? moving swiftly away he decides to withdraw from the fray, well at least till he finds his glasses
        Now where did I put them
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, a very warm day today temp in the greenhouse showed 43c I watered everything this morning and again about mid day, the greenhouse is shaded by trees till about one but had to go out before that then collect the boys from school and wasn't back home till 6-45 and though the tomatoes and plants in larger pots seem OK I think I have lost all my seedlings, by the way I had the doors and 8 windows open, have never needed to shade the greenhouse but think I will need to consider it now, I might try sowing the ones I have lost, and just listening to the news if it's just plants I have lost I have nothing to moan about. Hope you can all keep cool during this hot spell, remember it may be cooler and safer to stay in the house than go out for something that you can get another day. Goodnight
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Humid here. Went to an Italian restaurant last night for a GG's 21st so a bit tired today. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
              Another incredibly couple of hot days ahead.
              Going to crack on with the ironing in a sec before it gets too warm
              Bit sad this morning...Meg, our bunny , died yesterday. She'd not been well for a few weeks so it was expected. Even so ...
              Not quite sure what today will bring as I had wanted to go swimming but it's going to be too hot and busy....
              Brew first...then ironing!
              Keep hydrated peeps.

I think I'll put out a bowl of water for the wildlife later....I already have a birdbath and it's been an axing watching how many different birds are coming for a drink and a bath
              Things like hedgehogs must be finding it difficult to keep hydrated?

Kettle's on....fresh local apple or pear juice for those wanting something cold....
              See ya later peeps!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, warm already! Not sure what’s on the cards today but it won’t be anything too strenuous!
                Sorry to hear about Meg Nicos, so hard, even when expected!
                Enjoy your day everyone, take care in the heat!!
                sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks for the juice, Nicos. I'll have pear, I think, but you can keep the ironing. Sorry to hear about Meg.

Not much news here. Mr Snoop out with the dogs. Should have done that two hours ago in my view. Way too hot already. One of the dogs has a black coat. Can't imagine they'll be going far. I did all my watering last night, and the weeds are probably dying in the heat anyway. I'll be spending most of the day lurking in my cave and glad to do so. Even though daytime temps are due to rise a bit more, night-time temps are supposed to be dropping back to normal for this time of year (16-17 ºC) tonight, so that will be a help.

Catch you later. Take care, whatever your weather conditions.

Comment

• Right....ironing done
                    Time for a bowl of watermelon!

Comment

• Morning apple juice is my favourite thanks Nicos we have to wait a few months before I can juice ours again. Did buy some yesterday grown and produced in the UK though, very tasty.
                      Off for a walk across to the shops with my trolley.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Another hot day here.
                        Sorry to hear about your pet Nicos.
                        Rary, I just use net curtain to shade the greenhouse.
                        I have it on a curtain wire and just clip it on when its needed.
                        Nothing planned for today.
                        Stay cool all and have a good day,

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornings!

Another bright sunny day, but still with the cool NE wind, which the plants could do without - everything is taking a battering. Need to do some staking in the garden, and then see what's what on the allotment - hoping the beans are still upright

Have a good'un

Comment

• Mad dogs and English women?

Just spent the last half hour putting up a new garden shelter/tent type thing so we have some privacy outside away from our guests. The last one exploded in strong winds at the end of last summer
                            Boy it's hot out there....

Comment

• Yup! I've only just admitted defeat and come into the shade, even with the cooling breeze the sun is really strong today
                              Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 28-06-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• I can't even bear to be outside for ten seconds. Can't imagine doing anything strenuous. Be careful out there, ladies and gents. Mr Snoop gave himself a bad case of sunburn yesterday without even realising it due to the breeze.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X