Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
    Another tip -

To extend the excitement of my C-Mas dinner I shall be using a cocktail stick to stab the beans with. See, I am festive!
    Will it have an umbrella on top?
    Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 12-12-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Ta NG I did'nt think of that.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

After church will be at our daughter's for a family Christmas dinner then taking it easy
        My tip, donate some of the money that you would normally spend to make a strangers Christmas a happy one
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Is that one of rary's candles I see there?
          Does he know she's borrowed it?
          Nicos, I don't mind folk borrowing my stuff, as long as its returned as it was when borrowed
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

For me Xmas day has no religious connotation at all. It's about the food and the challenge of getting it all ready at the same time.

It will be a simple starter. Probably prawn cocktail for simplicity. Then Turkey, with Roasties, Sprouts, roast parsnips, yorkies, pigs in blankets,gravy, cranberry sauce and mealie pudding,

Yes totally gluttonous but its only once a year so no apologies.

Pudding will be a trifle.

A bottle of fizzy plonk to wash it all down.

A snooze afterwards and turkey sandwiches and a cuppa in the evening.

Comment

To me it’s whatever rocks your boat.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                After church will be at our daughter's for a family Christmas dinner then taking it easy
                My tip, donate some of the money that you would normally spend to make a strangers Christmas a happy one
                I make a donation to the Cancer Hospice instead of sending cards and to the Homeless Centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post

......and mealie pudding,
                  Hi AP, what's a mealie pudding please???

Comment

Originally posted by Ognen09 View Post
                    Hi AP, what's a mealie pudding please???
                    You may know it as a white pudding. We buy the Speyside Specialities ones. It's an easy substitute for an oatmeal stuffing ;

I may need to send them a bill for promoting their stuff because their haggis and black pudding are also to die for

Comment

Ahhhh! Yes white pudding! I lived in Ayrshire for a time and ate that there. Thank you AP for the memory!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Gotta share this with everyone!

lidl special...

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a7804501.html

just trying this!
                        wonderful!

nutty, not particularly sweet. Tastes like champers at less than 5x the price

any other tips?
                        What you have said sounds like a poor deal.
                        If it were 4x the cost of champagne then it comes in as less then 5x the price of champagne.

I assume you really mean less then 1/5th the cost of champagne. But that is not what you wrote.

English is a great language.

My Christmas tip: Hibernate for at least 2 weeks and avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                          You may know it as a white pudding. We buy the Speyside Specialities ones. It's an easy substitute for an oatmeal stuffing ;

I may need to send them a bill for promoting their stuff because their haggis and black pudding are also to die for
                          I must admit I have never came across this supplier and find Orkney black pudding hard to beat

Originally posted by Ognen09 View Post
                          Ahhhh! Yes white pudding! I lived in Ayrshire for a time and ate that there. Thank you AP for the memory!
                          Of course Ayrshire, the place of first class fish suppers

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post

Of course Ayrshire, the place of first class fish suppers
                            Beautiful fish suppers.....and where I was introduced to deep fried pizza....no wonder I have high cholesterol!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X