No announcement yet.

Sharing Xmas tips!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to love the bbq beans you could get, my first boss used to be able to recreate them but I am stuffed if I can remember what he put in them. Worcester sauce and something else possibly

As for how everyone spends their christmas I am not fussed as long as you don't feel lonely or forgotton. I will still be popping in here and checking up on you all.

Great tip Nicos. I have my yearly bottle of spiced rum ready and waiting

Comment

I shall be lurking on ‘that’ day as beans on toast don’t take long to cook.
      I hope everyone has the day of whatever dreams they have.

Too Hoo VC ta for the invite. It will be my pleasure to chase a bean around a plate with you.
      X
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Jyst for VC & Lumpy

Click image for larger version

Name:	a-sad-old-woman-alone-at-christmas-eating-baked-beans-on-toast-B6651X.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	2381739

Comment

Where does she live, GL? We could have a get together, sharing our beans and jokes.

Comment

Crémant de Bourgogne, Limoux and Bordeaux are all absolutely fantastic. Can't get them here, more's the pity. Freixenet never, but absolutely never, crosses my threshold, in case anyone's wondering. Plenty of better cavas than that. The Lidl Amorany cava isn't bad if you like champagne method wine and can't find crémant.

As for baked beans, can't easily get the usual 57 varieties here, so my version is: white beans, really good ready-made tomato sauce or passata (not ketchup), bit of mustard powder, bit of balsamic vinegar or a bit of pomegranate molasses and, if you can eat it, a smidgen of Worcestershire sauce. We might pine for other Christmas goodies, but never baked beans.

Not sure what we'll do on the day. Never do the traditional meal, though Mr Snoop might indulge me by putting up some lights.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 09-12-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
              Jyst for VC & Lumpy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84522[/ATTACH]
              No wonder she's sad, there's no knife and fork.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots
                No wonder she's sad, there's no knife and fork.
                Take that pot off your head and go to specsavers, Bren.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Take that pot off your head and go to specsavers, Bren.
                  Ok I've enlarged the pic on my phone and That knife looks scary to eat with.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Is that one of rary's candles I see there?
                    Does he know she's borrowed it?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

All are welcome to chase beans around a plate with us even those that have to use...
                      A) a spoon
                      B) scrape off the side
                      C) VC to feed them.

All I have to say is ‘Crackers’
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

^^^^ and I'll say Nuts to go with Lumpy's crackers.

Comment

We will be having a ‘normal’ Christmas dinner at OUR house this year, no ferrying the turkey and presents to our Daughters.
                          The Grandkids are old enough apparently to leave the house on Christmas Day.
                          We only have turkey because hubby insists. He is the traditionalist in the house.
                          I eat the pigs in blankets more than turkey.
                          I’m sure this thread started off about Christmas tips .......
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

My tip
                            Do what you like.
                            Eat what you want.
                            Celebrate or don't.

The only hard and fast rule is you still have to look surprised when you open the other half's gift even though you already know what it is

Comment

I'm always surprised when I open the present I give to myself - don't know why, its always seeds and books.

We should all do whatever we're comfortable with - not because its tradition or expected. Make your own rules, ones that don't cause you stress and don't overstretch yourself, financially or emotionally - that way brings peace and happiness.

If its eating beans on toast or drinking Lidl fizz (thanks Nicos) - do it.

Comment

Another tip -

To extend the excitement of my C-Mas dinner I shall be using a cocktail stick to stab the beans with. See, I am festive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X