Veggies that scare me!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Nothing is nice pureed, would only do that if I had a medical condition that meant I could only eat pulp . Celeriac is however very nice boiled up with spuds and roughly mashed - works well with practically anything you'd have plain spuds with and has a higher nutritional value. Can't say I'd ever thought of what they looked like but the ones I grow would be more like tiny dolls heads as they never seem to swell
    Puree is just mashed!
    Last edited by Nicos; 25-01-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

love celeriac soup

Comment

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
        Puree is just mashed!
        Puréed celeriac is fab with roast chicken. It's just one of those brilliant combinations. Pure heaven.

It doesn't matter if you use a masher, a mouli legume or a blender....just do it!
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          RESULT!! I have to say - it was blummin luvly The celeriac was crispy on the outside and meltingly creamy inside with crusted blue cheese (Yorkshire Blue - not Cambozola) on top. Sorry, there's none left! I'm not afraid of eating shrunken heads any more - Thank you everyone
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]33503[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]33504[/ATTACH]
          Celeriac is delicious with blue cheese. I love it, but instead of flour next time before roasting, try semolina powder. Even scrummier.
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Our gratin was lovely - no pics, it was eaten too quickly - I've really missed gratin since we started carb cutting.

I wonder if you could bake small celeriacs in their skins? Take off the hairy bits & roots, wrap in foil and bake like a spud? (not sure I'd micro it)

Anyhoo, we're having the other half of yesterday's celeriac mashed with our roast beef this evening. I'm ravenous.....
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Dried chillis are fab in a salsa. I use the Thomasina Myers recipe and it goes with everything from crisps to a toasted sundried tomato, advocado and rocket sarny. Mmmm, think I'll go make some right now.
              Last edited by KittyColdNose; 31-01-2013, 11:03 AM.
              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
              If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Another huge celeriac fan here. THis is our first year (well, last year's crop) of growing big, 'proper' ones. I love them mashed with potato, with smoked fish and baby spinach/lambs lettuce and just plain, grassy olive oil poured over and a few grinds of black pepper.

I also make the children salmon fishcakes with leek and celeriac, which they seem to love.
                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I know what do you mean about chillies! When we were kids me and my brothers used to play Russian roulette with pimientos del padrón peppers because only the 10% are really hot and like you said, you don't know how hot they will be until you ate them!

I am afraid of ginger roots because of the movie Pan's Labyrinth!
                  http://savinglives.ahar.ie/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X