No announcement yet.

Live Yeast for a Bread Maker?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a good bread recipe using 2lbs od flour.
    475ml luke warm water,mix in 1/2oz to 1oz of fresh yeast and a pinch of sugar with 1 tbls of the flour leave it for ten mins and it will start to foam , then tip in the rest of the flour and mix on the usual white bread mix in the machine. I bake mine in my combi microwave, using just the convection setting on 200 degs - saves using the whole oven for two loaves! This mix makes nice rolls too- and i use this basic bread for other things, lardy cake ,chelsea buns, cinnamon buns and a spiced bread with glace fruit go as adventurous as you like

Comment

I have probably said this before,

Ideal Bread Recipe.

5lb bread flour,
      1 dst spn milk powder,
      5 dst spn dried yeast,
      2 dst spn vinegar,
      1 tsp salt,
      1 oz lard/veg sortening,
      1 dst spn sugar,
      2 1/2 pt blood heat water,
      mix on slow 8-10 mins, round up loaves or rolls, remould after 5 mins place on baking sheets, rise til double, bake @ 200C til golden.

for foccacia mould round rolls, roll out oval, brush olive oil and press in herbs/sundried toms/olives etc.

for ciabatta add a little more water + olive oil, very wet dough, do not mould! just pat into rectangular shapes, dust with extra flour, prove & bake,

Dough can be made with 1/2 brown/wholemeal flour, add seeds or nuts as preferred, in fact add anything you like, bread is verastile and the flavours are only limited by your taste.
      Last edited by ohbeary; 25-05-2010, 10:25 PM.
      Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Originally posted by ohbeary View Post
        I have probably said this before,

Ideal Bread Recipe.

5lb bread flour,
        1 dst spn milk powder,
        5 dst spn dried yeast,
        2 dst spn vinegar,
        1 tsp salt,
        1 oz lard/veg sortening,
        1 dst spn sugar,
        2 1/2 pt blood heat water,
        mix on slow 8-10 mins, round up loaves or rolls, remould after 5 mins place on baking sheets, rise til double, bake @ 200C til golden.

for foccacia mould round rolls, roll out oval, brush olive oil and press in herbs/sundried toms/olives etc.

for ciabatta add a little more water + olive oil, very wet dough, do not mould! just pat into rectangular shapes, dust with extra flour, prove & bake,

Dough can be made with 1/2 brown/wholemeal flour, add seeds or nuts as preferred, in fact add anything you like, bread is verastile and the flavours are only limited by your taste.
        Thank you for the recipe, i will try in my new breadmaker. I just brought pansonic breadmaker and i think its one of the best in the uk.
        Last edited by chris; 03-01-2013, 01:11 PM. Reason: removed your blatant advertising.

Comment

I bookmarked this link
          Breadmaker sourdough

for a sourdough loaf with a starter in the breadmaker. I haven't tried it myself yet though, so I don't know if it works.
          Last edited by muddyfeet; 03-01-2013, 01:51 PM.
          Proud Member of the Celery Stalk Nutters Club
          www.annesgardeningdiary.blogspot.com

Comment

you can make bread in a slow cooker overnight

Hi, forgive me for butting in, just joined. You can make bread in a slow cooker with fresh yeast overnight - at least you can bake it overnight. Sorry but I can't find the link, I know I saved it somewhere.

Comment

Well, you can use fresh yeast. This recipe for brioche is delicious.
              10ml creme fraiche
              3 large eggs, beaten
              1 soup spoon orange flower water
              25àg flour
              &0g fresh yeast
              1/2 coffee spoon sal
              50g sugar
              120g butter
              The zest of an orange

Put the eggs and liquids in the machine. Add the flour, then the butter in pieces. Add the salt, sugar and yeast (which mustn't touch the salt)
              cook on brioche, stop the cooking 15 mins before th end of the cooking time if necessary.
              My bread machine book says to read the instructions that come with the yeast if you want to use fresh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X