Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of Chinese-style bubble and squeak (leftover veg from yesterday, stir-fried with a bit of chilli bean sauce) with a three-egg omelette between us. Yummy. But the last home-grown broccoli head till the secondary shoots start. I could eat broccoli every day, me.

Comment

• Two things on todays menu, cheese on toast and Cornish pasty/peas/gravy. one will be lunch the other dinner.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Liver, onions and whatever else I can think up.

Comment

• (^^^ yum - I don’t eat that enough!…devilled kidneys too! …mmmm…..)

Cauli curry with homemade naan breads
          Clementines for pud
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sourdough pizza (onion, black olive and jalapeno) with radicchio, rocket and tomato salad.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              (^^^ yum - I don’t eat that enough!…devilled kidneys too! …mmmm…..)
              I've got a Persian recipe and a Madhur Jaffrey recipe for spicy liver too. Supposedly with duck or chicken liver, but they're hard to find here, so I make them with lamb's liver. I wasn't sure we'd like them, but they really are very good. Might have one of those next time.

Today: butternut squash risotto with salad. The last of our home-grown tomatoes we'll be eating fresh. Not bad going.

Edited: forgot the bread! Mr Snoop would not be best pleased. Two Dan Lepard recipes (I always want to say Def Leppard): raisin and cinnamon plus two of his mill loaf, one for us and one for friend up the valley. The starters are looking nice and bubbly already.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 24-11-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Last night was prawn, mushroom, celery, sweetcorn and pea risotto.

Today I'm going to make some mushroom soup and have fresh bread from the breadmaker.
                Trifle

Comment

• Jacket potatoes with chilli, salad and pitta breads.

Comment

• Roast veg - parsnips, butternut, beetroot and celeriac - with parsley sauce and feta.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Confit de canard with mashed spuds and green beans.
                      Stollen for pud
                      someone stollen your puding ... what a terrible thing to do
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

• Going for squash risotto tonight. Just ended up have a slice of the raisin and cinnamon loaf for supper.

Baking the two mill loaves this morning after overnight proofing in the basement, where it's very cold.

Comment

• Cheesy hot dog wraps with potatoes, salad and pickles.

Comment

• Braising steak cooking slowly with onion, celery, mushrooms and carrots in the slow cooker. We'll have it with mashed potatoes and cabbage.
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 25-11-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Slow cooker sausage and borlotti casserole including parsnips, celeriac, butternut and toms.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Tonight haggis, mashed potato, roast squash topped with sprinkle of blue cheese, cabbage, beetroot and a creamy whisky flavoured sauce/gravy.
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 26-11-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X