No announcement yet.

Courgette recipes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just tried Birdie Wifes courgette pasta recipe tonight - scrummy! Would definately recommend it! Thanks for that one!
    smiling is infectious....

http://www.thehudsonallotment.blogspot.com/ updated 28th May 2008

Comment

Glad you liked it! There's a recipe I found yesterday in my breadmaking book that sounded really nice too, for courgette, tarragon and lemon bread. I'll fish it out and post it. I haven't made it yet but it sounds good!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I've got a reciped for courgette chocolate cake given to me by another grape - I'll find the recipe later and post it on, unless she gets here before me.

Comment

Try this soup, its a recipe from my good friend Shelley

1lb courgettes (sliced) yellow tastes different to green ones
          1 large onion (chopped)
          2 cloves garlic (crushed)
          8oz potatoes
          1 1/2 pints of vegetable stock
          salt & pepper to taste

Firstly sweat the onion and garlic in a pan until soft and then toss in the courgettes and potatoes to saute for a few minutes. Add the stock and simmer until soft. Put through a blender and add seasoning to taste.

When I was given the recipe my first thoughts were "courgette soup" thats got to taste really bland and insipid. Try again, its absolutely delicious and lots of it is now in our freezer for those long dark nights that are looming up on us.

Do try it.

Comment

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall has a great receipe for courgette souffle you can find it on the BBC web food pages.

I like to do courgette & pumpkin soup no real receipe I make it up as I go along, but 1 pumpkin usually butter nut but any will be ok 2 - 3 courgettes & some onion, cover with veg stock & some garlic if you want, season & herbs, boil til veg soft, liquidize & stir in cream to taste.
            Lets teach kids to cook.

Comment

have just made Piglets courgette soup and he's right - very scrummy indeed!
              too warm to eat soup at the moment so its going in the freezer!
              now I'm going to try and find that souffle recipe!
              smiling is infectious....

http://www.thehudsonallotment.blogspot.com/ updated 28th May 2008

Comment

How about - Vegetable Marrow Curd

Ok so it sounds gross. It actually tastes really great and kept well although I couldn't get mine to a "nice smooth paste". Still looks aren't everything in the veg patch.

2lb vegetable marrow (try yellow courgettes and leave the skins on), grated rind and juice of 3 large lemons, 2lb lump sugar (I used granulated), 1/4 lb butter.

Steam the marrow until tender, strain well and mash to a pulp. Add sugar and butter, grated rind and juice of lemons. Put all into a double pan and cook for about 1/2 hour until a nice smooth paste!

From a Farmers Weekly - Farm Woman's Library "Glut Book" hence the imperial measurements.
                Bright Blessings
                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Here's my the chocolate courgette cake recipe I have - not sure if it's the one Eskymo is thinking of?

http://www.riverford.co.uk/recipes/r...id=414&catid=8

Can't wait to have enough courgettes to make it!

Earthbabe - don't mean to sound daft, but what do you use your marrow curd for? Is it used similar to lemon curd?

Comment

We had H-F-W's courgette souffle last night - BRILL!
                    ~
                    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Yes it is Slug. According to the book it's an alternative when eggs are scarce or expensive (well the book was written in 1961!) Although I usually just slop it all over scones or toast on its own and sit down with a cup of tea to enjoy .It's also great on icecream. It tastes like lemon curd but a bit fresher and if you can get it paste like, probably by leaving off the skins, it probably looks much the same. I tried it because I was fed up of freezing everything and making chutnies
                      Last edited by Earthbabe; 03-08-2006, 05:20 PM.
                      Bright Blessings
                      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Courgette recipe

My favourite courgette recipe

1 litre chicken stock (or good veg stock if veggie)
                        1lb courgettes diced
                        3 cloves garlic
                        1 cinnamon stick
                        1 tablespoon medium-hot salsa or several shakes Tabasco
                        1 lime cut into wedges
                        coriander leaves for garnish

1. Combine everything except lime wedges and garnish
                        2. Bring to boil and simmer 5-10mins (or until courgettes tender)
                        3. Serve garnished with lime wedges,coriander and extra salsa if desired. I like to squeeze lime in to soup. It's a lot nicer than it sounds and very low calorie!

Comment

MMMMMMMMMMM sounds good Sweetpea. And welcome.

Comment

Courgette recipe

This recipe is very simple and great. I have yet to use it with the courgettes I have frozen. It was from the 'lion egg' adverts on the TV for courgette frittata. Fry a sliced onion in a deep large frying pan in a little oil. Add a large sliced courgette and fry for a few minutes. Add 6 beaten eggs, salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes until nearly set on the top. Add a large amount (I use a whole small packet) of grated cheese and then put under the grill under cheese is bubbling. Slice like a quiche and can be hot or cold. Serves about 6.

Comment

OH is already getting sick of courgettes and I've hardly had any from the plant compared to what is (hopefully) still to come....

I made stuffed courgettes and stuffed peppers for dinner this evening. I stuffed them with a mix of rice, steak mince, onion, chopped tomatoes, cumin powder, curry powder and then I top them with cheese... yumm!

Comment

Thanks for the soup recipe PW and thank Shelly too, it was ummmmmmmmmmmy!
                                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X