Fruit T bag wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep, you want the 'pressed' kind, not the UHT nor one with preserves
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Thanks Chris and T.S. Appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        yep, you want the 'pressed' kind, not the UHT nor one with preserves
        Sorry maybe it's a minor detail but I just picked up some of this from Lidl to start a batch off (thanks for tea bag Link TS).

LIDL Ireland - lidl.ie

It was on offer. 100% juice and no menton of preservatives. It's a mixture of red and green grapes. Would you say it's ok?
        Thanks

Comment

• It's one I use Redser

Comment

• Super! Just waiting for the bin to empty of the raspberry and then the twinnings goes in. Thanks TS

Comment

• Sorry, quick question. Can you start this straight in a demijohn or would it be best to use a bin and then transfer to a demijohn?
              Thanks

Comment

• Fruit tea goes straight in my DJs.

Anything with lots of lumps (real fruit) goes in the bin for the primary (4 day) fermentation. I say in the bin, but half my raspberry wine was on the kitchen floor this morning.

Comment

• Great, sounds like a nice clean process.
                  That 'must' have been some powerful yeast!

Comment

• Originally posted by redser View Post
                    Sorry, quick question. Can you start this straight in a demijohn or would it be best to use a bin and then transfer to a demijohn?
                    Thanks
                    Whatever you start it in don't fill right to the top. Initial fermentation can be very vigorous leading to mess on the floor as TS found.

Comment

• Good point. So how much head space would be ok? Would I just top up with sugar/water syrup after the initial lively fermentation?
                      Thanks

Comment

• You generally should fill to the shoulders for the primary (first 5 days) fermentation, then top up (with sugar water or fruit juice) to the neck for the secondary: however, you need to judge that for yourself, by how hard the brew is blupping
                        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 04-10-2012, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• "You generally should fill to the shoulders for the primary (first 5 days) fermentation, then top up (with sugar water or fruit juice) to the neck for the secondary:"

So to the bottom arrow for the primary? Or the middle one?
                          Or just decide by how much it's fizzing?
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                            So to the bottom arrow for the primary? Or the middle one?
                            The middle one, because I usually make up more than I need, because I'm greedy and don't like throwing owt away

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                            Or just decide by how much it's fizzing?
                            That's the way.

Comment

• Thanks very much TS/alldigging. Was reading JJ Berry's book last night and on another point he mentioned about making too much in a bin to fit in the demijohn. He said you can store the excess in a small bottle and use it to top up with after the first racking. So I guess you could do the same here. Fill to the very top and syphon a bit off to make head space and put the excess in a little bottle with some head space of its own. Then when things settle down a bit after a few days you could pour this excess back in to DJ to the bottom of the neck. I guess ...

Comment

• So here I am fairly sozzled on Twinnings Raspberry, Elderflower and Cranberry T bag wine. 1st bottle, 5 weeks old and it's wonderful even so young. Thanks for the original tip TS. It's certainly a thread worth bumping. 70 cents a bottle. Just have to spread the word and say thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X