Fruit T bag wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    If it's not right, top up with sugar dissolved in boiled water.

Shirl, I took a small bottle into school, and the teacher who 'won' it said it was absolutely delicious, what was it made from?
    They didn't believe me when I said herbal tea
    Nice one Two_Sheds. I bought some bags to make a batch the other day - need to sterilise a couple of dj's now.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Thank you for the replies!

I have 2 lots on the go - both bubbling at a decent rate. I decided to do a batch of loganberry, raspberry and elderflower and a batch Blackberry and Nettle.

Starting SG on one was 1.090 and the other was a touch over 1.080. Both smell delicious!
      Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

I really think I will have a go at this recipy!

I was looking in the First Steps book at makeing Tea Wine, has anyone tried making a wine with the standard breakfast type tea? There is also a Farmhouse version of the recipy which includes wheat (not sure why).

Comment

My nan used to make tea wine. I *think* wheat is included to make it more sherry like (although this guy's wheat wine turned out like whiskey)
          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 07-04-2010, 02:00 PM.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I'm so going to have to have a go at making T.bag wine, I drink gallons of fruit Tea I'm sure I can spare some T.bags for this.

Comment

It's worth a go just for the smell when you steep the bags! Mine are bubbling away still - can't wait to sample it.
              Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Thanks Shirley. I rebottled and tasted one - actually quite nice. I was amazed! Sediment gone and going to leave the rest to age a bit.

It's only my second go, but with masses of pear blossom setting on the tree, I need to hone my skills before I try to use up the glut!
                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Right.

My first experimental kit wine [just 6 bottles] is done, just being bottled tonight.

So! The plan was to try this next.

I'm off to the local suppliers later to get the necessary and I'm using some tea bags in the cupboard as I've got loads.

After re-reading this, I can't wait to try it!

Comment

Ok - everything bought - teabags draining and the juice cooling.

they didn't have grape juice so I've gone for pomegranate.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                      Ok - everything bought - teabags draining and the juice cooling.

they didn't have grape juice so I've gone for pomegranate.
                      I didn't have grape juice so I liquidised a tin of blueberries in light syrup that had arrived in a hamper or something two years ago...

My version is VERY messed-around-with...
                      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Hello everyone iam really new tothis forum but this really got my enthusiasm going again,have now got plip plopping going on everywhere and am going to get the stuff for this wine tomorrow.
                        Had grape juice wine in the garage for ages and couldnt be bothered bottling it,did so yesterday and it is lovely

Comment

Right.

How long between mixing this up and it being ready to rack off?

What should my SG be when it is ready?

I'm going to test it later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            Right.

How long between mixing this up and it being ready to rack off?

What should my SG be when it is ready?

I'm going to test it later tonight.
                            I confess to not racking it until it is clear Once ferment is finished SG will remain the same for two or three days and should be around 0.96. Reading back through this thread, I see that the 5 gallon batch I did was finished fermenting after about a fortnight.
                            Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 21-04-2010, 03:37 PM.
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Got mine all started yesterday. I have put in the ghouse to ferment out. I have scrolled to see how long before slurping time but cannot find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                                Got mine all started yesterday. I have put in the ghouse to ferment out. I have scrolled to see how long before slurping time but cannot find it?
                                I have just read subsequent threads!! Is it really that quick

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X