Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brewer-again View Post
    Polly fouracre ! Hi
    Even some beer companies use the same process to concentrate the parts of a brew that do not freeze as quickly as water. Water is the first part to freeze so place your brew in a freezer then take it to that stage. Then pour the rest into a container and save it, it really concentrates the flavour and other parts. The ice can be dumped.
    Thank you.I wont put my 2year old apple wine in the freezer tomorrow then!
    Glad you warned me!!

Comment

What makes this different than a blackberry brandy?

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
        I've found the perfect whisky recipe...................you pour a large malt in a glass.......................................and drink it(why ruin whisky with blackberries and why ruin blackberries,they belong in a pie with custard.)
        I agree wholeheartedly but these recipes are magical,they turn Tesco Value spirits into something as good as a malt whiskey.(usually!!)

Comment

1200g Blackberries
          600g raw cane sugar
          3 bottles of 75cl Scotch
          a sterilised 5 litre water bottle with cap

Wash & freeze the blackberries (makes the juice run better) until you have enough.
          Put the blackberries, whisky and sugar into bottle.
          Shake until the sugar has mostly dissolved.
          Keep in a cool place out of direct sunlight.
          Shake once a day for the first fortnight then once a week for a further 2 months.
          Strain the mixture through a piece of muslin cloth into a clean bottle, or siphon the liquor off with siphon tube.

I do it in a 5 litre water bottle - the wide neck makes extracting the liqueur from the berries super easy (just siphon off like you do for wine)
          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 18-09-2011, 10:01 PM.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X