No announcement yet.

Hazel's Parsnip Wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seem to remember from my wine making days adding ground up eggshells to clear wine? The only wine I could never clear was some I made from fennel trying to get the anniseedy taste.
    I just blagged it of course, but still never got it to clear!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I'd love to have a go at making my own wine, but I fear I'll give myself or anyone who tries it alcohol poisoning (and not the good type either!)

Comment

• Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
        I'd love to have a go at making my own wine, but I fear I'll give myself or anyone who tries it alcohol poisoning (and not the good type either!)
        Get a kit and try that. If it goes OK (and as long as you follow the instructions it will go OK), you will have the equipment to do the more adventurous stuff.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
          I'd love to have a go at making my own wine, but I fear I'll give myself or anyone who tries it alcohol poisoning (and not the good type either!)
          Methinks you only get dodgy alcohol if you distil the wine into a spirit.

Normal winemaking will always give you 'good' alcohol!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Sorry for my non-response. The wine resembled lemon barley water in appearance, however, after moving it it cleared dramatically within a week (to somewhere warmer, strangely). I wouldn't taste it yet, it smells a bit 'estery'. I used pectinase a la Berry, not amylase, and it seems to have worked fine. Possibly a temperature thing, I assume an enzyme will be more efficient at something closer to body heat than 'shed heat'. Thanks for the advice though.

Its currently sitting at 17% making it almost as lethal as the blueberry I opened last night (a shade over 18%, ouch).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X