X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazel at the Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by Scottishnewbie View Post
    Am just in the process of making a batch of this and see in CJJ Berry's book he says to add citric acide but I see you dont make any mention of it Hazel - should I add it or not please?
    Can't remember - I would have thought that I would have, as it is in the recipe, but I also thought that I would have mentioned it.... stick it in.

Originally posted by Scottishnewbie View Post
    can anyone tell me PLEEZE how much nutrient, yeast and amylase to add for 4.5l of this????
    1 tsp of each.

Leave a comment:

• Scottishnewbie
    replied
    can anyone tell me PLEEZE how much nutrient, yeast and amylase to add for 4.5l of this????

Leave a comment:

• Scottishnewbie
    replied
    Am just in the process of making a batch of this and see in CJJ Berry's book he says to add citric acide but I see you dont make any mention of it Hazel - should I add it or not please?

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    I'd better go and search to see if Two_sheds has put the recipe up.
    No, I didn't, but I will. I'll start a new thread, so it'll be easier to search for in t'future

Leave a comment:

• Hazel at the Hill
    replied
    I was only thinking at the weekend that I'll have to start a batch of 2010 parsnip wine - I have the last bottle of last year's in the fridge, and very good it is too.

I like the sound of apple and parsnip. I'd better go and search to see if Two_sheds has put the recipe up.

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    My Parsnip & Apple was racked again today: doesn't taste of parsnip at all, it's quite nice. Nearly clear too (after 3 months)

Leave a comment:

• Scottishnewbie
    replied
    just thought I'd bump this as I'm sure lots of us have parsnips in the ground that were too frozen to dig out for christmas dinner and hence will have a mountain of parsnips in a few weeks.......

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
    My proper brews so far number a gallon of elderflower which needs bottling, a gallon of banana liqueur which also needs bottling ...
    Bottling is so tedious.
    Is it really wrong to just drink from the syphon tube?

Hazel, I really enjoyed this thread, and planted extra parsnips this year so I could make some of your lovely wine (i have also naughtily amended our library's copy of CJJ Berry, so everyone else can add amylase not peptic acid)
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 25-01-2010, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hazel at the Hill
    replied
    The more parsnips the merrier, Scottishnewbie!
    Well done for ploughing through the thread - it is in rather painstaking detail at times!
    Important bits are:
    -scrub the parsnips, don't peel
    -don't let them go mushy when you boil them
    -add a tsp of amylase not of pectin enzyme
    -you can always add sugar later, you can't take it out
    -takes ages to mature
    -tastes brill!

Leave a comment:

• Scottishnewbie
    replied
    ocht! only had 1.5lbs of parsnips so trip to tesco tonight..........

Leave a comment:

• Scottishnewbie
    replied
    I bought some parsnips from Tesco (eek) the other day and have had soooo much fun reading this thread that I am off to the kitchen to start some parsnip wine just like Hazel ATT!!! Wish me luck and feel free to share any tips.....

Ta

L

Leave a comment:

• raine
    replied
    Wine looks great but i'm completely bamboozled (try saying that after a glass of parsnip!) by the process hence the request for good kit reccomendations! Well Done you!

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    ...and I have the very last glass of parsnip wine here beside me. It has been superb and all the better for leaving for 6 months or so.

So much so that I've started all over again with this year's parsnips...
    A bit like Mister Kiplings cakes..............parsnips DO make EXCEEDINGLY good wine!

Leave a comment:

• Hazel at the Hill
    replied
    ...and I have the very last glass of parsnip wine here beside me. It has been superb and all the better for leaving for 6 months or so.

So much so that I've started all over again with this year's parsnips...

Leave a comment:

• Hazel at the Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by sallym View Post
    Is it very sweet?
    Dunno - wot with having will power made of iron, it's all bottled and in the garage and won't be drunk till the end of the year. Mind you, the sample I had when I bottled it wasn't overly sweet - the wine yeast must have taken all the extra sugar and converted it into alcohol...

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X