X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to ICO 12 steps to take now.

https://ico.org.uk/media/1624219/pre...r-12-steps.pdf

For us it is sections 4 through to 8 that will be of interest and why we are getting the emails.

As VC indicated there is a link on the home page that says how our personal details may be used and information on how to change our settings.

The GYO monthly (?) email has options to unsubscribe. To be honest, just give it a squint (in preview) and hit delete.

Comment

I've been reading the Privacy Policy again (waiting for the kettle to boil).
      I don't recall giving permission to be contacted by any means other than email.

From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.

Just saying..........

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
        We are assuming that as we only use the contact list to send out newsletters they personally signed up for, that there isn't a problem? Is this not the case, Baldy?
        I'm not a lawyer nor a data protection officer - so any opinion I give on this matter is just that - my opinion. Having said that - page 7 of Issue 2, 2018 of the Natioanl Allotment Society magazine is given over to GDPR - they suggest checking with the Regulator - www.ico.org.uk
        An association needs to consider/explain why its holding personal data, whose data its holding, what data its holding, where the data is being held and when (how long) its being held.
        My allotment site are going to send members a consent form that they will have to tick to agree and sign - informed consent sort of thing - and incorporate that into any new agreements. We also need to formalise what we do with the data once people leave etc...
        The final paragraph in the magazine is perhaps the most pertinent really - the security of the data and how its stored are likely to be the main (potentially) challenging issues. If your allotment site list is stolen and people get spammed or worse then your site association could be in trouble...
        ... hmmm
        sigpic
        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

We are looking into this and we will let you know once we know more.

Comment

Thanks Josh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X